Team for Thursday

What are we thinking for the team for Thursday ? 

Appreciate we can only move the deckchairs so much and cannot see DM changing from 3 at the back.

I would go with this based on the usual formation.

Dawson 

Palmer   Ihiekwe    James

Paterson   Johnson (or Brown, thats how bad Johnson has been)

Vaulks   Bannan   FDB

Smith   Windass

Giving Dawson chance to redeem himself for his mistake on Friday.  Flint was totally exposed against the movement of Peterborough so will miss out and bring together a more mobile back 3 with options for Palmer and James to move forward.  

Paterson needs to replicate his game v Plymouth at RWB minus the injury.  Johnson only just keeps his place but that is through lack of options although would even consider Brown in front of him. 

FDB has been a disgrace for half a season but would just send him out to break the lines.  Windass has a roaming role and Smith operates around the box only. 

Why is everyone picking to he Dame side and formation that saw us get turned over.

We're out so do something fucking nuts to put them off their stride.

Fucking Bannan in a two. You all need banning 

Edited by Andyben

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Why is everyone picking to he Dame side and formation that saw us get turned over.

We're out so do something fucking nuts to put them off their stride.

Fucking Bannan in a two. You all need banning 

There's about as much chance of DM doing something nuts as there is me winning the Euromillions without buying a ticket. 

For the majority of the season, a three at the back has served us relatively well, although it's clear to see from that previous plan Byers is a huge miss. I'd let Windass float around just behind a front two, cause them issues, put them on the back foot. F**k it. We've played Pato/Smith/Windass as a three/combination of before this season when we were winning games, why not do it again? It worked last time and seemed to get us over the line. 

FDB no chance.

Its hard to know where to start but you’d imagine Ferguson will be expecting more of the same from us. Without pace at the back we will be found out and without it upfront or out wide we won’t get through them.

If I was Ferguson I’d be just sit tight lads we have a huge cushion, if they come at us we will get chances - which they will.

Dawson

Palmer Iorfa Icky James 

Adeniran Vaulks Bannan 

Windass

Paterson Gregory

subs Stockdale, Smith, Shipston, Johnson, Flint, Hunt nobody else

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

I’m going to be really controversial and make a massive amount of changes.

Dawson

Palmer, Flint, Ihiekwe, James

Adeniran, Vaulks, Bannan

Paterson, Smith, Windass

I don’t trust any of our midfield players to play in a two apart from Vaulks, so, we’ll play a three. And I’m pushing Bannan and Adeniran as high up the pitch as I can. I want Smith playing literally the width of the box, and Paterson and Smith to do all the leg work so he gets the ball in goal scoring positions.

• Like 1

I'd try something different. Obviously Moore won't. But I'd go

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Iky James

Windass Vaulks Adeniran BB

Gregory Smith

4-4-2 and tell Vaulks and Adeniran to sit and let 2 out wide do the damage. Milk turns quicker than Flint bug I actually thought he did ok one on one with his man.

And next season if can't get decent CH stick Vaulks in there. He's decent in air, likes a tackle and can pass it. He drops deep enough anyway. 

And I'd make him captain

If we go with a 3-5-2 in a game where we have to score at least 4 goals, then we might as well pack up and go home

I'd have Iorfa and Ihekwe as a two in the middle with James and Palmer/Hunt as the full backs

Then Vaulks, Adeniran and Bannan in the midfield

Windass in a number 10 role

Gregory and Paterson/Smith up front

Chances are we'll play our usual and then as soon as the Flint to Ihekwe, to Iorfa, to Flint, to Ihekwe passing commences, Hillsborough will not be a nice place 

He won't change a thing. 

He'll revert to his 'fine margins' mantra and look at Smith's chance, the penalty shout, the two goalmouth scrambles and the periods we looked to control the game (when Peterborough were already 3-0 up) and think there were four opportunities we could have scored. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Quesation from the leftfield @Tylluan

What Free Agent(s) would you sign to play thursday? 

Off the top of my head I might have gone for Tom Carroll to fill the Byers role. 

But I'd rather throw Shipston or Durrant in and say fill ya boots lads. 

• Thanks 1