Dingles (A) match thread

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Even at this point, you'd be crazy to say it's not been a very good season. I'm not saying, if the wheels were to come off (WHICH THEY WON'T), then we wouldn't be talking otherwise. Of course we would. 

However, there's nothing, absolutely nothing to be mithering about right now. How many sides go half a season's worth of games unbeaten in one run? We've lost 4 games out of 36. Which is ridiculously good. We're amongst the top goalscorer in the leagues, only 2 other sides have scored more, and we've conceded the least in the division. It's fantastic. 

Considering the wobbles we WERE having at the start of the season, when questions were asked repeatedly about DM's leadership and management of the team, it's even MORE astonishing. 

Yes, there are times when we've battered sides and not blown them away but still won by and large, and there's just as many games where we could easily say 'we'd have lost that last season' and we haven't. Look at the outpouring of positivity at the result at Portsmouth as a very recent example of that. 

Losing to a 'local opponent' isn't ever nice. For some, it means more than others and I get that (I hated it last night due to family and friend links) but no, it's not losing to those from S2 bad. It just hurt more for me that we got back in, were dominating and looked more likely to go on and win, but for a bad bit of luck, I still insist we would have. 

However. It's still a very positive season, so far, and has far more promise than negativity ahead of us about it with the games we have left.. As I said before, it's in our hands. And so far. things being in our hands have gone very well. So there's absolutely no need to panic whatsoever. 

This.

You've articulated it far better than I could 😄

12 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Even at this point, you'd be crazy to say it's not been a very good season. I'm not saying, if the wheels were to come off (WHICH THEY WON'T), then we wouldn't be talking otherwise. Of course we would. 

However, there's nothing, absolutely nothing to be mithering about right now. How many sides go half a season's worth of games unbeaten in one run? We've lost 4 games out of 36. Which is ridiculously good. We're amongst the top goalscorer in the leagues, only 2 other sides have scored more, and we've conceded the least in the division. It's fantastic. 

Considering the wobbles we WERE having at the start of the season, when questions were asked repeatedly about DM's leadership and management of the team, it's even MORE astonishing. 

Yes, there are times when we've battered sides and not blown them away but still won by and large, and there's just as many games where we could easily say 'we'd have lost that last season' and we haven't. Look at the outpouring of positivity at the result at Portsmouth as a very recent example of that. 

Losing to a 'local opponent' isn't ever nice. For some, it means more than others and I get that (I hated it last night due to family and friend links) but no, it's not losing to those from S2 bad. It just hurt more for me that we got back in, were dominating and looked more likely to go on and win, but for a bad bit of luck, I still insist we would have. 

However. It's still a very positive season, so far, and has far more promise than negativity ahead of us about it with the games we have left.. As I said before, it's in our hands. And so far. things being in our hands have gone very well. So there's absolutely no need to panic whatsoever. 

It’s completely in our hands, and where we have been very good is winning games we should be winning. The next 8 games are all against teams in the bottom half. There’s 24 points available. We are very capable of getting at least 20 points in that run, and even the timing of the last two is good. Shrewsbury will be out of playoff contention then, and Derby will have to rest players for the playoffs.

As long as we don’t pick up more injuries, and don’t get any silly red cards, we are very capable of taking 24 points from the remaining 10 games. That wins us the title.

And remember, Ipswich do not have a pleasant run in. Derby away, Peterborough away, Barnsley away.

17 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It’s completely in our hands, and where we have been very good is winning games we should be winning. The next 8 games are all against teams in the bottom half. There’s 24 points available. We are very capable of getting at least 20 points in that run, and even the timing of the last two is good. Shrewsbury will be out of playoff contention then, and Derby will have to rest players for the playoffs.

As long as we don’t pick up more injuries, and don’t get any silly red cards, we are very capable of taking 24 points from the remaining 10 games. That wins us the title.

And remember, Ipswich do not have a pleasant run in. Derby away, Peterborough away, Barnsley away.

All correct but would be a lot less difficult if we got Windass & Byers back relatively early.  (Obviously.) Those bits of class that mean we're not just slugging it out with normally lesser teams. 

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Actually my practice manager's husband as a gun licence, does a lot of beating during the shooting season, access to a lot of isolated moors 

Even worse I have a Cath my slightly mental sister in law who is always up for a scrap  

Any pics?

I'm really looking forward to Sunday. I've still not seen these: it was the only league game I missed this season, for an outdoor rock festival.  I can remember following the score on the phone and not knowing whether to laugh or cry.  🙂

Come on you Wednesday, give us a good show.  😎🤞