It was the best time in my life

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Aah, the monthly Carbone interview

He's said that a few times now regarding his time at Wednesday, least he's consistent.

Just wonder if we'll ever get the apology of calling us a small team and begging to score a hat-trick against us like he did before the Villa game when they beat us 2-1. I'll never forget that report how desperate he was to score against us.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

So says Beni Carbone when he looks back on his time with the Owls.

It was a shame he got the sulks on... Because he was one hell of a player. 

no wonder he got the sulks on, 'managed' by Wilson and in a team with the likes of atherton, pembridge, booth etc

we should have sorted him a better contract 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

He's said that a few times now regarding his time at Wednesday, least he's consistent.

Just wonder if we'll ever get the apology of calling us a small team and begging to score a hat-trick against us like he did before the Villa game when they beat us 2-1. I'll never forget that report how desperate he was to score against us.

I always thought it smacked of the kid taking his ball home rather than being malicious. 

He was treated like shite by the club. Best player we had and the dwarfy fountain falling crawling prick calls him out. 

Wilson was out of his depth and that twat Atherton who was lucky to be in that dressing room hangs a bib in his locker 🤬. Plummeted like a stone once Beni left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

He was treated like shite by the club. Best player we had and the dwarfy fountain falling crawling prick calls him out. 

Wilson was out of his depth and that twat Atherton who was lucky to be in that dressing room hangs a bib in his locker 🤬. Plummeted like a stone once Beni left.

It wasn't Atherton that did that

8 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

no wonder he got the sulks on, 'managed' by Wilson and in a team with the likes of atherton, pembridge, booth etc

we should have sorted him a better contract 

We shouldn't have signed Di Canio if we wanted to keep him sweet. They both couldn't be the top dog they wanted to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

We shouldn't have signed Di Canio if we wanted to keep him sweet. They both couldn't be the top dog they wanted to be. 

They were sublime to watch. The issue was the others in the 11.

Edited by Ozzie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Some truth in that. As I remember heplayed his best football after di canio left 

after big Ron getting the push so the little dwarf could extract some petty revenge, the club not backing di canio then failing to offer beni a contract, I lost a lot of interest and barely went again until sturrock came along 

5 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

He wasn't.

Carbone was great with both feet, was a lion in his tackles and chased down everything. Surprisingly good in the air for his size and his passing was sublime. He had a whole range of finishing in his locker. Both great players but carbone Brought more to the team than Di Canio.

Edited by JACK THE HAT

1 hour ago, JACK THE HAT said:

Carbone was great with both feet, was a lion in his tackles and chased down everything. Surprisingly good in the air for his size and his passing was sublime. He had a whole range of finishing in his locker. Both great players but carbone Brought more to the team than Di Canio.

Id go along with this, and he leaves a better legacy and probably more highlights overall 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Id go along with this, and he leaves a better legacy and probably more highlights overall 

Yeah played double the games for us. They were both great players. Overall I would say Di Canio had the better premier league career but Carbone the better Wednesday career.

• Like 1

It’s a tough call. I thought both were very good players, and actually quite different in terms of playing style. Di Canio was probably the better player, but more for what he achieved after us. I think Carbone had a better career with us.

What I would say is, Di Canio is primarily remembered shoving over Alcock and then not playing again for us. Carbone doesn’t carry that.

24 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It’s a tough call. I thought both were very good players, and actually quite different in terms of playing style. Di Canio was probably the better player, but more for what he achieved after us. I think Carbone had a better career with us.

What I would say is, Di Canio is primarily remembered shoving over Alcock and then not playing again for us. Carbone doesn’t carry that.

DiCanio was a fucking lunatic. Anyone who calls him a "great player" wants their head looking at. Look past the skill and see the whole package. 

Carbone could be a bit 'precious' but not even on the same page as the other in that respect. 

Tempestuous, temperamental, but Di Canio was an absolute genius footballer at times. It’s a shame we didn’t get his best on a more consistent level, but we didn’t have him long enough and DR made sure of that all while feathering his own nest.

But I loved seeing him in our shirt. I remember the buzz around us signing him, the amount of kids that had his name on their shirts. We don’t have that anymore and haven’t had since.

27 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

DiCanio was a fucking lunatic. Anyone who calls him a "great player" wants their head looking at. Look past the skill and see the whole package. 

Carbone could be a bit 'precious' but not even on the same page as the other in that respect. 

The greatest players usually are more like Di Canio than Carbone.

Give me Gazza over Beckham every time.

There’s no issues with having a lunatic or two. A fair few of the GOATs are mavericks and in the case of a couple of them, they make Di Canio look like Peter Atherton. But you have to have players in the squad who can manage them on the pitch, and coaches who can manage them off it. Di Canio had neither at Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Old Fred sat at home stroking his home made David Ford action figure carved from wood and hand painted when he was 39 having the audacity to slag Di Canio, couldn't script it.