If McGuinness does go back....

Which means they can buy new players when lifted, doesn't mean they'll take McGuiness back.

His return was probably because they couldn't buy their preferred players but when it became apparent that they couldn't even get him back then they've finally done the honourable thing to try lift the ban

Edited by Andyben

37 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Which means they can buy new players when lifted, doesn't mean they'll take McGuiness back.

His return was probably because they couldn't buy their preferred players but when it became apparent that they couldn't even get him back then they've finally done the honourable thing to try lift the ban

I’m hoping this is the case, which is very plausible. 

13 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Out of interest how many instalments do they have on the Sala fee ? I presume at least 2 more and the next one presumably due in less than a year given the delay in paying this.

Not a lot we can do about McGuinness in reality. Not good for him with the uncertainty, in terms of impacting how he plays 

If I remember rightly it was about £14/15m they were paying for him at the time of signing.

So if their instalment of £7m was plus interest, then maybe it is more than 2 instalments..

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

If I remember rightly it was about £14/15m they were paying for him at the time of signing.

So if their instalment of £7m was plus interest, then maybe it is more than 2 instalments..

The first instalment was for £5.3 mill which went up to £7 with interest .

I am a bit puzzled,  surely Sala should have been insured by somebody . Nantes sold him so off their insurance but as Cardiff now saying that they didn't actually sign him he would not have been added to their insurance . Seems to be a fuck up all round

39 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’m told McGuiness has made it clear to Cardiff that he wants to see the season out with us. Whether that has any bearing on their decision remains to be seen 

Let's hope that's true!

Was reading that Cardiff signed him from Arsenal, I can see how & why he was at Arsenal tbh.

I’d be proper fancying it if I was Wycombe on Saturday. If I was Ainsworth, I’d be telling the Wycombe players to put it on our defensive unit all afternoon. McGuinness is a massive loss, given that our other two ‘dominant’ center backs are also out. They’ll look at our team and really fancy it physically. A touch of pressure on Moore and DC to get a replacement in now with some massive games coming up.

Just now, KrolMong said:

I’d be proper fancying it if I was Wycombe on Saturday. If I was Ainsworth, I’d be telling the Wycombe players to put it on our defensive unit all afternoon. McGuinness is a massive loss, given that our other two ‘dominant’ center backs are also out. They’ll look at our team and really fancy it physically. A touch of pressure on Moore and DC to get a replacement in now with some massive games coming up.

So basically the same as they would have done anyway 

Let’s not underestimate Reece James’ roll in the solid defence or Palmer’s either to be fair.

We will strengthen and Famewo looked decent in the short stint he had.

Gutted to lose McGuinnes but we are far from a one man team.

Let’s just hope DM and DC act fast to bring in a replacement too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I have fitness concerns over Curtis Nelson. 

He was their first choice centre half for the last two seasons then he picked up a niggle in pre season that kept him out of the first six games. Since then he's been in and out of the squad but barely started or used off the bench. He did 90 mins against Swansea in October then didn't even make the bench for the next game against Rotherham. Similar thing happened in November. Full game against Hull, unused sub against the Pigs then out of the squad altogether for the next four games. There's a lot talk about the original pre season problem never fully going away. 

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I have fitness concerns over Curtis Nelson. 

He was their first choice centre half for the last two seasons then he picked up a niggle in pre season that kept him out of the first six games. Since then he's been in and out of the squad but barely started or used off the bench. He did 90 mins against Swansea in October then didn't even make the bench for the next game against Rotherham. Similar thing happened in November. Full game against Hull, unused sub against the Pigs then out of the squad altogether for the next four games. There's a lot talk about the original pre season problem never fully going away. 

Bizarre that it's possible they loan us a different defender. Why cant they just leave us with MMcG?

Looking at the sidebar for the OO tweet and it mentions MMcG is now training with Cardiff but still awaiting paperwork to come through before he can be officially recalled. Have we let him go too early? could there be a chance that the embargo waint be lifted regarding this?

Not looked at Stir and Examiner articles as the ads and endless loading does me bonce in

30 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Looking at the sidebar for the OO tweet and it mentions MMcG is now training with Cardiff but still awaiting paperwork to come through before he can be officially recalled. Have we let him go too early? could there be a chance that the embargo waint be lifted regarding this?

Not looked at Stir and Examiner articles as the ads and endless loading does me bonce in

He's their player, he has been recalled. 

The End.