Bent Russian leaves Bournemouth

Reesh

10 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

First time I’ve ever heard them referred to as “AFCB” unless that’s what pook calls them

Oh they love their AFC bit. Pre season they printed Premier League tables with them top. Alphabetical order🙄

"AFC Bournemouth, we're top of the table" 

This was a pre season chant. They lost 1-0 to Bristol City. I'm not sure they saw the irony 🤣🤣

12 hours ago, SouthamptonOwl said:

Oh they love their AFC bit. Pre season they printed Premier League tables with them top. Alphabetical order🙄

"AFC Bournemouth, we're top of the table" 

This was a pre season chant. They lost 1-0 to Bristol City. I'm not sure they saw the irony 🤣🤣

Bit of needle in that post….. 

Don’t blame you though. 🤣

8 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Bit of needle in that post….. 

Don’t blame you though. 🤣

There is really. It just pisses me off that a tin pot outfit like Bournemouth are in the top flight and we are getting a point against Oxford. Even worse is working with their fans who a few years ago would rather admitted to going dogging at the weekend than say they were at the game. Now there are kids out there who have heard of Bournemouth and not of Wednesday 'cos we've been shit for so long.

Sorry rant over.

52 minutes ago, SouthamptonOwl said:

There is really. It just pisses me off that a tin pot outfit like Bournemouth are in the top flight and we are getting a point against Oxford. Even worse is working with their fans who a few years ago would rather admitted to going dogging at the weekend than say they were at the game. Now there are kids out there who have heard of Bournemouth and not of Wednesday 'cos we've been shit for so long.

Sorry rant over.

Bournemouth wouldn’t be there if they hadn’t ‘bent’ the rules.

3 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I remember the ICO coach rocking up at their half-a-ground back when and a bloke with a bucket walking up to stand at the bottom of the coach steps as we got off.  If I hadn't stuck a quid in that day...

Any reason why? Cos they've not been in administration or broke around times we've played them.

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

They were up the creek financially whenever that was and we knew about it. No-one getting off the bus appeared  surprised by it. 

Really

Makes zero sense though as they weren't in admin when we first dropped to the 3rd tier again in 2003, they had been in in 1997 and returned to it in 2008, they were on the rise when we went back into 3rd tier in 2010 and have been upwardly mobile since.

34 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Really

Makes zero sense though as they weren't in admin when we first dropped to the 3rd tier again in 2003, they had been in in 1997 and returned to it in 2008, they were on the rise when we went back into 3rd tier in 2010 and have been upwardly mobile since.

I couldn't give a toss. We were there.  Look it up on your spreadsheet.

21 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

I can only think it would be January 2005 but they weren't in a really bad position until a few years later under Kevin Bond in 2008. 

Cheers, Tom.  I believe my first visit there was in Jan 2005, when I reckon Hecky scored off of his shoulder in a draw.  

I've only been there 3 - 5 times so if I could nail down the years, and with your and Reesh's knowledge of Bournemouth, we ought to be able to sort out the most likely game.  Unfortunately my most recent copy of Dickinson's mighty Complete Record only goes as far as 2010/11. Anyone got a link to a suitable website?  

Meanwhile, I remember a game where I spotted OwlsOnline Wakey pair Will & Mick there at h.t. once and shared their conversation with actor Thomas Craig. I only joined OwlsOnline in 2004 / 05 so that doesn't fit with the  2005 game above as I'd not seen them for quite a while  before that day.  

Me and the regular away mates had a 3 night break there with the game being on the first day.  (Bank holiday?) I reckon that was in their Prem promotion season when we rained on their parade somewhat. I think we were right at the front of the stand and nearly expired in scorching sun.  

Other random memories are meeting other OwlsonLiners in a Services Club there and then going back there a year later. Also seeing poor old Lewis Buxton stood outside the ground on crutches one game.

Obviously more than one of those cameo memories could be on the same days as others. Also most of them will be from Championship days in the 2010s, which are not going to be when they had the begging bucket out. Especially when they were Prem bound!  My favourite for this is that 2005 January game. One of you who knows their circumstances might have an idea why. I don't: I simply (and clearly) remember it happening. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Cheers, Tom.  I reckon my first visit there was in Jan 2005, when I reckon Hecky scored off of his shoulder in a draw.  

I've only been there 3 - 5 times so if I could nail down the years, and with your and Reesh's knowledge of Bournemouth, we ought to be able to nail down the most likely game.  Unfortunately my most recent copy of Dickinson's mighty Complete Record only goes as far as 2010/11. Anyone got a link to a suitable website?  

Meanwhile, I remember a game where I spotted OwlOnline Wakey pair Will & Mick there at h.t. and shared their conversation with actor Thomas Craig. I only joined OwlsOnline in 2004 / 05 so that doesn't fit with 2005 game above as I'd not seen them for quite a while that day.  

Three of us had a 3 night break there with the game being on the first day. I reckon that was in their Prem promotion season when we rained on their parade somewhat. I think we were right at the front of the stand and nearly expired in scorching sun.  

Other random memories are meeting OwlsonLiners in a Services Club there and then going back there a year later. Also seeing poor old Lewis Buxton stood outside the ground on crutches.

Obviously more than one of those cameo memories could be on the same day. Also most of them will be from Championship days in the 2010s, which are not going to be when they had the begging bucket out. Especially when they were Prem bound!  My favourite for this is that 2005 January game. One of you who knows their circumstances might have an idea why. I don't: I simply (and clearly) remember it happening. 

The early season game was Aug 11, lost 2-0

We drew 2-2 when they went up. Late Maguire goal.

Screenshot_20221219-182205_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Reesh

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Cheers, Tom.  I believe my first visit there was in Jan 2005, when I reckon Hecky scored off of his shoulder in a draw.  

I've only been there 3 - 5 times so if I could nail down the years, and with your and Reesh's knowledge of Bournemouth, we ought to be able to sort out the most likely game.  Unfortunately my most recent copy of Dickinson's mighty Complete Record only goes as far as 2010/11. Anyone got a link to a suitable website?  

Meanwhile, I remember a game where I spotted OwlsOnline Wakey pair Will & Mick there at h.t. once and shared their conversation with actor Thomas Craig. I only joined OwlsOnline in 2004 / 05 so that doesn't fit with the  2005 game above as I'd not seen them for quite a while  before that day.  

Me and the regular away mates had a 3 night break there with the game being on the first day.  (Bank holiday?) I reckon that was in their Prem promotion season when we rained on their parade somewhat. I think we were right at the front of the stand and nearly expired in scorching sun.  

Other random memories are meeting other OwlsonLiners in a Services Club there and then going back there a year later. Also seeing poor old Lewis Buxton stood outside the ground on crutches one game.

Obviously more than one of those cameo memories could be on the same days as others. Also most of them will be from Championship days in the 2010s, which are not going to be when they had the begging bucket out. Especially when they were Prem bound!  My favourite for this is that 2005 January game. One of you who knows their circumstances might have an idea why. I don't: I simply (and clearly) remember it happening. 

In terms of bad financial situations for The Cherries, I remember two occassions

First was 1997 when the likes of Matt Holland (club captain), Mel Machin and John Williams were out round the town centre with bucket collections. Inland Revenue were after them for £350,000 tax owed and I think the debts were around £4,500,000. Think the community raised over £100,000 and then Trevor Watkins took over. 

Second time was 2009 when Gerald Krasner was appointed administrator and they were deducted 17 points like Rotherham but not as bad as Luton who were deducted 35. They almost went down that season as they never fully recovered from the deduction until Eddie Howe took over and then took them up through the leagues. 

That January game you talked about, yes that was when Paul Heckingbottom equalised with his ear. Looking at their financial difficulties, I can only think it was nothing to do with Bournemouth and perhaps one of the regular charity/community buckets that was often round Bournemouth during the Trevor Watkins era

• Like 1

On 18/12/2022 at 20:51, Chelters said:

I think Owling’s just realised he got conned out of a quid by a pikey with a bucket. 

The good news OO members when I was requested a similar donation by a dodgy looking type on that there London tube yesterday evening, that I wished him a Merry Christmas then told him to fuck off 

On 19/12/2022 at 21:37, Kiwi Owl said:

In terms of bad financial situations for The Cherries, I remember two occassions

First was 1997 when the likes of Matt Holland (club captain), Mel Machin and John Williams were out round the town centre with bucket collections. Inland Revenue were after them for £350,000 tax owed and I think the debts were around £4,500,000. Think the community raised over £100,000 and then Trevor Watkins took over. 

Second time was 2009 when Gerald Krasner was appointed administrator and they were deducted 17 points like Rotherham but not as bad as Luton who were deducted 35. They almost went down that season as they never fully recovered from the deduction until Eddie Howe took over and then took them up through the leagues. 

That January game you talked about, yes that was when Paul Heckingbottom equalised with his ear. Looking at their financial difficulties, I can only think it was nothing to do with Bournemouth and perhaps one of the regular charity/community buckets that was often round Bournemouth during the Trevor Watkins era

Cheers, pal.   I reckon that was almost certainly my first visit and the game in question. Short of time travel I'm not likely to come up with why they held the collection that day now.