Rugby League World Cup

HarrySpeakup

On 25/10/2022 at 00:44, HarrySpeakup said:

I would go again next Monday but I think the prices are a bit steep and no concession for the over 60s/65s

I would have thought they would have made it more reasonable to attract non Rugby League fans especially in the group stages - could have done a 3 game ticket at Donny

I've not seen how much they are charging for the gamea but I've read a fair amount of people aren't happy with how much tickets are, it's sad to see stadiums only half full (if that) for other games not involving England, especially Australia & NZ games.

Seems they've got ticket pricing totally wrong - the support is there if the price is right.

I paid £35 for a seat opposite the 25 yard line and this was for a known totally one sided game so for the first half I hardly saw the ball at my end 

it was easy to move into more expensive areas if you wanted to

there was 4,400 there and i have no idea if that was more or less than expected 

if they had done a 3 match ticket for £50 say I would have gone to them all

There's been some serious batterings given out to the lower ranked teams in this tournament so what are the likes of Greece and Italy getting out of it? 

Does anyone who follows RL know why the Emerging Nations World Cup wasn't run for the lower nations? This one could then have been styled as a Super8 type tourney. 

We're all Cedars on Friday night aren't we?! These two teams met at the 2017 group stages.

Australia were only winning by 8 at half time and they had a strong team with the likes or Tom Trbojevic, Boyd Cordner, Cameron Munster and Cooper Cronk.

I don't think Australia have got better since then and Lebanon certainly have.

I expect a Kangaroos win but it isn't a sure thing.

31 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Fiji came so close to causing a big upset tonight, at one point they were 18-6 up only for NZ to roar back and win 24-18 to set up a mouth watering Semi-Final clash with Australia.

But as Aussie battered Fiji in the group and England did the same to Samoa, who we may be playing in the semis, got to be pretty short odds on an England-Convicts final.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamishinoto said:

We have to be confident after the way we’ve played so far. But we’ll need to be switched on for 80 minutes. You can bet Samoa are going to be a completely different beast to 15th October. They're gonna be out for revenge, big style. Biggest test yet for our boys.

They will be on cloud 9 after being the underdogs against Tonga, I have to admit, I thought it was going to be an England vs Tonga Semi-Final.

It'll be England vs Australia in the Final.

I've enjoyed the tournament, been some superb rugby on show but the RFL have dropped a major boo boo with the prices.

In passing, I've enjoyed watching the England Womens' R. L. team in action, though what I saw was too one-sided. I look forward to seeing them against stronger opposition, if I get the chance.   I was lucky, I saw the documentary about the squad training and playing over the year, competing for final squad selection, following two 'main' characters at home and at work: one making it and one not. It made a big difference to watching my first game, already 'knowing' some players. 

I also was amazed at the ferocity of the wheelchair version of R. L.   Sort of a cross between Robot Wars and Ben Hur!   If you've never seen it - I hadn't - they're 'armoured' chairs used to ram / tackle and it's a common sight to see a 'tackled' chair four feet up in the air, upside down, with its occupant on the floor. I even saw one English player run over. He just played on!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Just watched the second semi-final and both semi finals have been sensational

Some saying Friday nights was probably the best Rugby League game ever

And today's finish was incredible

I thought the 1st semi was fantastic and that, on that showing, either of them would / could have beaten England.  

Obviously academic now but, a question for those who watched Eng vs Samoa on Saturday: would you recommend me watching it on iPlayer or equivalent, already knowing the score? 

Rubbish timing, putting it on when they know Wedneaday are playing!   👿

On 13/11/2022 at 14:11, Owling_Wolf said:

I thought the 1st semi was fantastic and that, on that showing, either of them would / could have beaten England.  

Obviously academic now but, a question for those who watched Eng vs Samoa on Saturday: would you recommend me watching it on iPlayer or equivalent, already knowing the score? 

Rubbish timing, putting it on when they know Wedneaday are playing!   👿

Nah, don't put yourself through it.

I'd watch England v New Zealand women tonight instead.

There's a couple of unstoppable women in that New Zealand team

There was a slender England lassl trying to tackle one of those two and she was literally thrown up into the air and landed heavily from a great height but she just got up and carried on

A footballer would have been rolling about on the floor for hours holding his knee with one hand and banging on the floor with his other hand

• Like 1