Remember that bloke who….

HoylandOwl

This country has been sliding down the sh1tter for years, but this is just another example of the cock eyed political driven ways that our justice system works.

I mean there are murderers, rapists etc being let out early because of the demand for custodial spaces and a bloke that handcuffs himself to a goal post gets 6 weeks at his majesty's pleasure  - mad

Btw as an engineer that can analyse scientific data I can tell you we are all fooked, the break down of the environment is happening and we are sleep walking into a our own extinction - gets down off soap box. I wont be handcuffing myself to any goal posts, that's futile.

39 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

This country has been sliding down the sh1tter for years, but this is just another example of the cock eyed political driven ways that our justice system works.

I mean there are murderers, rapists etc being let out early because of the demand for custodial spaces and a bloke that handcuffs himself to a goal post gets 6 weeks at his majesty's pleasure  - mad

Btw as an engineer that can analyse scientific data I can tell you we are all fooked, the break down of the environment is happening and we are sleep walking into a our own extinction - gets down off soap box. I wont be handcuffing myself to any goal posts, that's futile.

He broke the fucking law on numerous occasions

6 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He broke the fucking law on numerous occasions

If he did then fair enough. The headline seemed to be it was simply for handcuffing himself to the goal posts.

If it is only because he handcuffed himself to the goal posts I stand by what I said, its totally inconsistent with what we should be locking people away for. Having said that, doesn't the law work on the basis of people are tried for one misdemeanour at a time, i.e. unless of course he broke several laws by undertaking the one act which I guess he might have, by doing what he did.

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

... Having said that, doesn't the law work on the basis of people are tried for one misdemeanour at a time, i.e. unless of course he broke several laws by undertaking the one act which I guess he might have, by doing what he did.

Can't speak definitively to over there, but here in the States, while the above absolutely applies in determining guilt, priors can certainly have an influence upon sentencing once guilt has been determined. 

I'd think it the same over there.  If not, inclined miscreants could essentially commit certain misdemeanors as often as desired with practical impunity.