Hi Ho… fuck off

1 hour ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

anyone else think it’s time we stopped playing hi ho silver lining before ko, does my head in. Or am I just been a miserable old twat.

just think it’d be much better to play singing the blues, or one of the old Thompson twins Wednesday songs before ko

Having the other songs played isn’t a bad thing. However, not at the expense of Hi Ho.

So yes. You’re being a miserable twat.

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I'd quite like it if once in a while they played all the old Wednesday songs in the run up to the warm up, like when We Are The Owls was played at the Wycombe game. It'd take me back to standing on the Kop from about 2pm when I was a kid. 

But if I had to choose one it'd be Paul Carrack's It's a praise for Sheffield Wednesday. Just that Bob Jackson intro is enough for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

I think I'd quite like it if once in a while they played all the old Wednesday songs in the run up to the warm up, like when We Are The Owls was played at the Wycombe game. It'd take me back to standing on the Kop from about 2pm when I was a kid. 

But if I had to choose one it'd be Paul Carrack's It's a praise for Sheffield Wednesday. Just that Bob Jackson intro is enough for me. 

This is what I was meaning….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

anyone else think it’s time we stopped playing hi ho silver lining before ko, does my head in. Or am I just been a miserable old twat.

just think it’d be much better to play singing the blues, or one of the old Thompson twins Wednesday songs before ko

I’ve been thinking similar lately. When I’m at an away game and they have a pre-match ritual, it all seems a bit tin pot. Hi Ho is getting much the same.

I think my problem with it is that it with the first Hi Ho many sit down and shut up. I try to get the second Hi Ho before kick off, but I’m in a small minority. It’s all become a bit orchestrated, as though we’re told to sing it and then we’re confused as to what next.

But on the other hand. It’s the only time when everyone, directors box included, joins in. And several players have said how inspires them. So for those reasons, carry on.

12 hours ago, M42Owl said:

I’ve been thinking similar lately. When I’m at an away game and they have a pre-match ritual, it all seems a bit tin pot. Hi Ho is getting much the same.

I think my problem with it is that it with the first Hi Ho many sit down and shut up. I try to get the second Hi Ho before kick off, but I’m in a small minority. It’s all become a bit orchestrated, as though we’re told to sing it and then we’re confused as to what next.

But on the other hand. It’s the only time when everyone, directors box included, joins in. And several players have said how inspires them. So for those reasons, carry on.

Did any of our other managers join in like Darren Moore does? 

12 minutes ago, The Internet said:

I'm an old fashioned bugger as well.

Don't like any walk-on music or Hi Ho and all that stuff. Drowns out any spontaneity and soul.

Should be just players sprinting out of the tunnel towards the Kop with the roar of the crowd and whatever song or chants the fans feel like singing.

Jumpers for goalposts etc etc 

34 minutes ago, The Internet said:

I'm an old fashioned bugger as well.

Don't like any walk-on music or Hi Ho and all that stuff. Drowns out any spontaneity and soul.

Should be just players sprinting out of the tunnel towards the Kop with the roar of the crowd and whatever song or chants the fans feel like singing.

Can't have spontaneity, we have a fucking band

21 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

You mean those on the kit releases? Local bands that it helps promote?

Ya miserable old bugger. 😜

Haha! No, not the Sherlocks kit one - that was very good, a few other media videos have had what is blatantly the video editor's taste in music on them, which have been crap.

All for supporting Sheffield acts IF they have talent.