Inside training pre Plymouth.

HoylandOwl

McGuinness looks like he's still pissed off from being dragged on Saturday. Windass is just taking the piss. I know it's only the warm up we're seeing but pissing about in that means you're less likely to concentrate in the drills. Iorfa's at least in training so doesn't look like he's carrying an injury. 

Dawson is still palming it out into the danger zone (even Stockdale yells a sarcastic "Cam" after he's done it) Whoever's pinging the high balls in isn't accurate enough to put one up for Charles to claim. 

After Saturday's shit show, if you're going to put a training vid up on YouTube then you make sure they look like they're all concentrating and showing a lot of grit and determination in readiness for Plymouth. Not this. 

I'm torn on the postponement of games and events. 

I think I would edge towards things carrying on as normal  and games being played but sure there is a decent amount of people that would be attending would prefer postponements so ultimately this is what will happen.

Organisations will also be thinking of the PR element at criticism they would receive for not postponing.  An early decision does need to be made though and typical we have our longest away trip.

Funeral is likely to be Saturday also so Ipswich match will also be off.

Just watched that training video.

I made a post a couple of weeks or so ago, around Moore being able to attract players. I questioned whether one of the reasons might be because the players get an easy ride and don’t get pushed in training like, as an example, a Howard Wilkinson squad of players would.

I think it was GermanBird who challenged me on it, asking if I’d got some insider knowledge on the post I made to back up my comments. Well, after seeing that video, there’s the evidence if that is what typifies a training session! I thought I was watching something from a holiday camp, not a professional football outfit. It was just a laugh and a big joke. Did any of those players even break a sweat?

44 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Just watched that training video.

I made a post a couple of weeks or so ago, around Moore being able to attract players. I questioned whether one of the reasons might be because the players get an easy ride and don’t get pushed in training like, as an example, a Howard Wilkinson squad of players would.

I think it was GermanBird who challenged me on it, asking if I’d got some insider knowledge on the post I made to back up my comments. Well, after seeing that video, there’s the evidence if that is what typifies a training session! I thought I was watching something from a holiday camp, not a professional football outfit. It was just a laugh and a big joke. Did any of those players even break a sweat?

I believe that these training videos are made at the beginning of the training session during the warm up phase.  I guess that they never show us any proper training as this would be seen by the opponent as well.

Therefore I doubt that we can judge the training by that video, we only can judge the marketing department, which didn't to a good job this time to release a video like this right now.

17 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

I believe that these training videos are made at the beginning of the training session during the warm up phase.  I guess that they never show us any proper training as this would be seen by the opponent as well.

Therefore I doubt that we can judge the training by that video, we only can judge the marketing department, which didn't to a good job this time to release a video like this right now.

Most videos like this are almost always around things that don't involve team shape/tactics, for exactly that reason.

8 hours ago, Germanbird said:

As I said in my earlier post, if you're not switched on for the warm up then you won't be fully focused when the important stuff arrives. Warm-ups are as much about mental attitude as physical exertion. If Windass does his hamstring playing 2 touch then that could be down to his dicking about on bounce, step, stretch. 

• Like 1