Accrington chairman pulls his club from iFollow

What worries me is the comment that ideas like this are bounced on the EFL clubs, no room for debate or discussion 

Anyone with a business brain can see that permitting live streams of all matches will eventually cause a reduction of people thru the turnstiles. This will accelerate with the cost of living issues 

I can get into the stadium for say £25, but it will cost me £50 to get there. Nothing beats the live game but is it worth £50 and 8 hours out of my Saturday ? 

27 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

What worries me is the comment that ideas like this are bounced on the EFL clubs, no room for debate or discussion 

Anyone with a business brain can see that permitting live streams of all matches will eventually cause a reduction of people thru the turnstiles. This will accelerate with the cost of living issues 

I can get into the stadium for say £25, but it will cost me £50 to get there. Nothing beats the live game but is it worth £50 and 8 hours out of my Saturday ? 

I've no doubt at all that live streaming of all games will relatively soon be a thing.  Online season tickets, that sort of thing. 

54 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I've no doubt at all that live streaming of all games will relatively soon be a thing.  Online season tickets, that sort of thing. 

Yes, unfortunately I'm sure your right. And that's coming from me, who can't get to as many games as I'd like 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Couple this with more and more games being moved away from the traditional Saturday 3pm Kick Off. 

53 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Is it fair play? What he's saying is that he wants a chunk of the money our fans spend ordering it through our online channels just because they're hosting the game

He'd get the income if he sold us a physical ticket.  

Equally though, he can't expect anything from the game at Hillsborough

Edited by Skamp
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Fair point Skamp, maybe he could try giving us more tickets?

Also, if i'm not mistaken iFollow is for those that live overseas and therefore those purchasing are unlikely to attend anyway

We got 2600 which is ample

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Fair point Skamp, maybe he could try giving us more tickets?

Also, if i'm not mistaken iFollow is for those that live overseas and therefore those purchasing are unlikely to attend anyway

i think it is more you can see the direction of travel 

I would miss live football for sure, but the lockdown made it easier to envisage a world where you pay a fee (perhaps !) and sit at home 

Ok it makes sense for me, but it would start to make sense for someone where it takes an hour to get home across sheffield, as to use the pauper wagon, on a cold Tuesday night or indeed snow threatened Saturday. Games shifted for TV. 

How long before crowds are 10% then 15% then 25% down IF access is permitted to all UK users - home and away 

The EFL are perhaps running headlong into seeing revenue streams today - without fully considering the impact tomorrow. You would hope they are but its the EFL so I am not convinced. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

To be fair to the EFL they probably have seen some impact from IPTV and thought fans would probably prefer to give their hard earned to the club if they aren’t going to go anyway. This is likely why more games were available to UK residents last season., it’s a hard one to get right I think 

Don't disagree but I think as the Accrington fella says its almost declared to a meeting as a fait accompli by the EFL, no debate.

On the odd occasion I watched a Championship game on the red button the crowds looked abysmal. 

That plus Ifollow will have an impact. Indeed using my own example there is no real point getting a season ticket. Why pay for midweek games which the probability of me attending are slim, especially if I can access for a tenner.