Jump to content

Dunkley talks Wednesday..


Recommended Posts

When he got a few games under his belt he was ok but he had more than just the broken leg he seemed to pick up one or two others the key one being up at Sunderland. Had he stayed fit and played the final months maybe he’d have stayed. 
 

The performance away at Derby though…😩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheExile said:

When he got a few games under his belt he was ok but he had more than just the broken leg he seemed to pick up one or two others the key one being up at Sunderland. Had he stayed fit and played the final months maybe he’d have stayed. 
 

The performance away at Derby though…😩

We must have been safe for about a minute before he gave the penalty away for their third 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

We must have been safe for about a minute before he gave the penalty away for their third 🤣🤣


Yeah still scarred by that and the high line we were still playing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TheExile said:

When he got a few games under his belt he was ok but he had more than just the broken leg he seemed to pick up one or two others the key one being up at Sunderland. Had he stayed fit and played the final months maybe he’d have stayed. 
 

The performance away at Derby though…😩

Whatever it was that he was being brought back from at Sunderland, he was nowhere near ready. We must have been desperate for a centre half and he must have agreed to give it a go but it very obviously ended in disaster all round. 

In his main run in the team last season, starting it as the only centre back in the team, he was excellent. Really put himself about against big opponents, won headers for fun, dominated his area of the pitch. He was also clearly a leader, rousing his teammates and looking captain material. 

Was he ideal for the current fad for 'playing it out from the back'? Was he heck, but he'd have probably told us that.  Proper old fashioned centre half. Proper bloke, too. Did a job when fit. And he didn't sign himself with a broken leg, did he? I dare say none of us would have turned that contract down. Good luck to him, apart from against us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Whatever it was that he was being brought back from at Sunderland, he was nowhere near ready. We must have been desperate for a centre half and he must have agreed to give it a go but it very obviously ended in disaster all round. 

In his main run in the team last season, starting it as the only centre back in the team, he was excellent. Really put himself about against big opponents, won headers for fun, dominated his area of the pitch. He was also clearly a leader, rousing his teammates and looking captain material. 

Was he ideal for the current fad for 'playing it out from the back'? Was he heck, but he'd have probably told us that.  Proper old fashioned centre half. Proper bloke, too. Did a job when fit. And he didn't sign himself with a broken leg, did he? I dare say none of us would have turned that contract down. Good luck to him, apart from against us.

Monk should've been fired on the spot for giving a player a contract who was recovering from a double leg break. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wholehearted player but gave me palpitations every time he had the ball at his feet. Wish him well though as he seemed a sound chap. Had a couple of good games for us but was always an accident waiting to happen for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s definitely good enough for this level, and as people have said, that spell in December time last year, he was outstanding. But, it was all too fleeting, was never fit and missed too much football.

Very likeable fella, and if they can keep him fit, will be a good player. But, you can bet your last quid, when we play them I’d be targeting him. He’s got concrete legs, and his first 4 touches are bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Monk should've been fired on the spot for giving a player a contract who was recovering from a double leg break. 

 

I think we took medical advice at face value that he'd be fit by October 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...