Keiren Westwood chooses his best Wednesday XI

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Keiren Westwood chooses his best Wednesday XI

Can’t argue too much with KWs selection. I’d have gone with Hunt over Palmer. Hunt at his best beats Palmer. Although I think Palmer does get unfair stick at times.

Interesting he chooses Bruce, is that more to do with reputation than his time at Wednesday. Although of course he did bring KW back in to the team. 

I loved FF when he was at the club (most of the time) but Hooper and Fletcher were the best striker partnership. Had Hoops not got injured in2017 we would have been in the PL. I know it’s buts and maybes

11 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Can’t argue too much with KWs selection. I’d have gone with Hunt over Palmer. Hunt at his best beats Palmer. Although I think Palmer does get unfair stick at times.

Interesting he chooses Bruce, is that more to do with reputation than his time at Wednesday. Although of course he did bring KW back in to the team. 

I loved FF when he was at the club (most of the time) but Hooper and Fletcher were the best striker partnership. Had Hoops not got injured in2017 we would have been in the PL. I know it’s buts and maybes

If you read the article it is to with what Bruce had begun to implement at the club. 

On 03/06/2022 at 10:49, Reesh said:

If you read the article it is to with what Bruce had begun to implement at the club. 

I won't read anything in the stir, they've completely pissed me off with some of their articles. It's a shame when you think back to what coverage they gave for the local teams.

Any elaboration on what the things were that Bruce was implementing? 

As much as people didn't like the way Bruce left, including me. I'm pretty sure we would have been challenging all the way to the end of that season when Monk took over and we were 3rd at Christmas. Of course like many of these sliding door moments we'll never know but in my opinion DC had brought that right man in he just couldn't compete with a PL club that was supposedly SBs boyhood club. Unfortunately the useless appointment that came next just didn't have the nouse to follow on what had been started.

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’m not having this Bruce would have got us up mantra. 

He offered some stability and was a million times better than what followed but we were still some way off when he departed, we drew way too many under him to be considered contenders 

Also, he’s a fat **** that I’ve never liked 

Wasn't saying he would get us up pal, just suggesting we'd have been challenging.

I suspect we'd be unable to do the wheeling and dealing he likes. It'll be interesting to see what WBA do.