Broad and Anderson back in for England test team

HoylandOwl

2nd test match starts today, really looking forward to it, Trent Bridge is a beautiful ground to watch cricket, always a good atmosphere there too, should be another competitive game, I always think it should be a 5 match series against New Zealand.

I'd definitely recommend you going there Liam, pisses all over Headingley as a stadium.

I've got day 3 at Headingley this year, hopefully the train strike gets cancelled so I can be in The Original Oak for breakfast at 9, really don't want to have to drive.

Leeds CC have ticked every box needed to get the test status back. 

I'm all for making positive appointments but what the fuck does Tanni Grey-Thompson have to bring to Yorkshire. 

Also fuck the county side, the lack of inclusion or attempt to encourage people from the South Riding and the clubs birthplace is frankly fucking ridiculous. 

Before central contracts you'd pick a team based on the ground and wicket. Nottinghamshire's Patterson-White is the current leading spinner and it's his home ground. He's classed as an all rounder so can bat too.

TMS produced some interesting stats about balls bowled by spinners before 25 years old. Tufnell had done something like 22,000, Panesar over 16,000 and the current crop struggled to get over 5000. Same with pace. Broad and Anderson had done 2000+ and the next one was Robinson with 700. 

4 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Just 57 required to win....

Bairstow 122 no

I'm sooooo pleased 4 Bairstow. He's had a lot critics but this innings is unbelievable. He's as mad as a box of frogs but crikey he's fantastic to watch

• Like 1

Brilliant test match.  All results still possible at tea on the 5th day, and in the end we canter over the line with an hour or so to spare.  Brilliant from Bairstow.  Macullum has shoved a jump lead up this team’s arse.

Surprised with the TKC one, especially as they're releasing him early from his contract, I can only think the finances are going to be f****d for a few years now considering the £20m existing debt and all the likely compo to the 16 that got sacked.

What a day yesterday, in previous years we’ve sat on Western Terrace, or at least somewhere along that stand, but moved in to The Howard Stand yesterday. What a view from there and particularly from the concourse which looks straight on to the pitch rather than being bricked up or filled with boxes. 

Superb effort from Bairstow and Overton yesterday afternoon and again this morning. 

1E149134-5BFD-4EFC-94B8-469EE6913C16.jpeg

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

England end day 4 on

183/2

Pope : 81no

Root : 55no

Just require a further 113 runs to win on day 5 to make it a clean sweep in the best of 3....

India will provide a much harder test.

A one off test v India will be much less of a contest in my opinion, they are coming over here with very little pre match set up and that will be in our favour.

17 hours ago, Reesh said:

A one off test v India will be much less of a contest in my opinion, they are coming over here with very little pre match set up and that will be in our favour.

Didn't realise it was a 1 off test until you said Reesh.

England have won the 3rd & final test match by 7 wickets

Root 86no

Bairstow 71no (from just 44 balls)

Well played England.