Swfc v Czech legends this weekend

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/wednesday-legends--v-czech-republic-legends-this-saturday/

A team of Sheffield Wednesday Legends take on Czech Republic Legends at Hillsborough this weekend to raise funds for two charities.

Supporters can purchase tickets for the 1:30pm kick-off online HERE, or pay on the day in S6. Tickets are priced at £6 for adults and £3 for concessions. 

The friendly fixture has been arranged by the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme with help from former Owls full back and Czech international Daniel Pudil.

Funds raised from the event will aid Weston Park Cancer Charity in Sheffield and Real Top Praha in Pudil’s homeland.

The Czech charity are supporting two-year old Simon, who is battling Lesch-Nyhan syndrome, a kidney-neurological disease affecting psychomotor development, causing organ failure, and leading the sufferer to commit self-harm.

Donations will help Simon receive the treatment he needs to prevent symptoms of the disease developing.

Weston Park Cancer Charity help thousands of people every year in the fight against cancer, conducting research, providing treatment, care and support for those with the illness and their families.

Players confirmed to be representing the Owls so far include:

David Lucas
Lee Bullen
Glenn Loovens
Miguel Llera
Graham Coughlan 
Ross Wallace
Guy Branston
Lewis Buxton
Reda Johnson 
Benito Carbone 
Des Walker 
JP McGovern 
Paul Pashley
Dalton Smith

The Czech Republic side includes:

Jan Koller
Vladimir Smicer
Tomas Ujfalusi
Karel Rada
David Lafata
Roman Bednar
Marek Heinz
Zdenek Zlamal
Lukas Zelenka
Marek Pinc
Ondrej Pavelec

We look forward to seeing you at Hillsborough on Saturday!

35 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I would, there should be no trophy for winning the play off, the prize is promotion 

Yes, I'm sure you'd have left before it was lifted.   :classic_tongue:  I actually agree with your sentiment, though, and said as much on here in 2005. 

Benito looking for a contract next season. Des Walker going off injured so he can get to the pub to watch Forest smash the bades. Glen Loovens playing like Pirlo. Ross Wallace playing for sausage rolls. Fun to watch, but remember Weston Park hospital do so much good. Its something to be proud of. 

• Like 2

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/a-beautiful-day/

Charity was the winner in glorious Hillsborough sunshine as legends from Wednesday and the Czech Republic joined forces.

The goals flew in but the score mattered not as vital funds were raised for Weston Park and Real Top Praha.

The event was the brainchild of our former defender Daniel Pudil, who could hardly have wished for a finer day on and off the pitch.

Pudil rolled back the years to net a wonderful strike from distance and the smile stayed on his face when speaking to swfc.co.uk:

He said: “It’s been a beautiful day and I am so grateful for everyone who has helped this project come to life.

“All the players, the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme and the club and the many fans who came out to support us.

“Every penny we have raised will help make life better for someone and that makes me and all of us here today very proud.”

The sentiment was echoed by Benito Carbone after the Italian maverick jetted to England from Milan to play his part.

He said: “I cannot quite believe I am back here, it still feels like my home and I am so happy to help make a difference.

“I am here on a pitch where I had some beautiful moments. The memories for me are very special.”

Next to Carbone was the familiar face of Lee Bullen, back in S6 having made a successful start to management with Ayr United north of the border.

He explained: “The mission was to keep us up and through sheer hard work the players achieved that. I’m really enjoying the management side of things and looking forward to the new season.

“But today it’s all about raising money for charity and if we can have a bit of fun at the same time then that’s fantastic.

“This place will always be home to me, there’s no better place to catch up with some old friends and to do it in the name of charity means a lot.”

Wednesday: David Lucas, Lee Bullen, Des Walker, Reda Johnson, Glenn Loovens, Miguel Llera, Jon-Paul McGovern, Graham Coughlan, Benito Carbone, Ross Wallace, John Pearson