2 legged semis.

5 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Manchester United is another one in the 1993/94 season (I think)

Wasn't that the rather lively one outside after the first leg at Old Trafford. The second leg one of the few games I left early - mainly because my lift decided he had had enough. I think Man U scored again as we were walking up Penistone Rd 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Wasn't that the rather lively one outside after the first leg at Old Trafford. The second leg one of the few games I left early - mainly because my lift decided he had had enough. I think Man U scored again as we were walking up Penistone Rd 

It wasn't great inside. They were throwing coins at us and all sorts 

The games v Blackburn in Jan 2002 are barely talked about really. See my biggest surprise is that said era side actually got that far in the tournament. My recollections may be impacted by the fact I had become a Dad for the first time a few days after the first leg. 

This era was truly horrendous.  I still had a season ticket but each season just passed me by. 

That's the one, think there was a fair bit of retribution outside Hillsborough after the second leg.

Think so, something to do with Wednesday fans singing the Dambusters theme at Old Trafford, which Man United fans percieved it as mocking the Munich Disaster. 

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There was, SYP's greatest moment that night as they turned a blind eye to a lot of it 

In my late teens I took a bit of an interest in the darker side of the game. We'd been checking tickets at the entrance at the gate with a few of Wednesday's top boys. We left just before kick off when a minibus dropped some Man U fans outside the pub, someone suggested we run at them, I was out in front and they scattered, not hearing much behind me I stopped and turned around and our lot were stood at the bottom pissing themselves

🤣

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There was, SYP's greatest moment that night as they turned a blind eye to a lot of it 

In my late teens I took a bit of an interest in the darker side of the game. We'd been checking tickets at the entrance at the gate with a few of Wednesday's top boys. We left just before kick off when a minibus dropped some Man U fans outside the pub, someone suggested we run at them, I was out in front and they scattered, not hearing much behind me I stopped and turned around and our lot were stood at the bottom pissing themselves

Oh dear