Gazza interview

Don't know how old this is but soundbites started popping up on my social media so found it out. 

Some stuff I'd heard before but interesting part about how he signed for Tottenham after promising Fergie he'd sign for him. Also talks a bit about his alcoholism, especially after being binned by Hoddle in 98. 

• Like 3

I bumped into him in a hotel in Hinckley(near Leicester). What struck me was how gentle he was. We had a drink and I asked him about Chris Waddle. He was very complimentary but said he didn't like playing at Hillsborough.

28 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

What a player, the best I've seen play for our country in my lifetime. Such a shame injuries, and everything else curtailed things a little. 

This - only player who came close at the time was Waddle.

The only player in the modern game who has aspirations to be as good as him is Jude Bellingham.

Nobody will come close to lacing Gazzas boots imo.

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

The only player in the modern game who has aspirations to be as good as him is Jude Bellingham.

I think it's Micah Richards who asks him who his favourite current England player is and Gazza confesses he had no idea who Bellingham was until a couple of weeks ago. 

Says he can't go to games because it hurts too much that he's not still on the pitch so he doesn't watch full stop apart from the od Match of the Day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Absolute magician of a footballer who just wasn’t strong enough mentally to really be elite. That said, you wonder if Fergue had got hold of him, his career might have been very different.

We haven’t had a player shine on a world stage like him since, although many have achieved way more at club level than him.

I hope one of Foden or Bellingham can reach those international tournament heights. Both are very different mentally and seem really tuned in. 

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Absolute magician of a footballer who just wasn’t strong enough mentally to really be elite. That said, you wonder if Fergue had got hold of him, his career might have been very different.

We haven’t had a player shine on a world stage like him since, although many have achieved way more at club level than him.

I hope one of Foden or Bellingham can reach those international tournament heights. Both are very different mentally and seem really tuned in. 

He says not... LOL. (I know he was joking)

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

He says not... LOL. (I know he was joking)

"Would he have kept us under control?Cantona two footed someone in the neck in the stands, Rooney went with a granny and Giggs went with his brothers wife, I'd have fitted right in."

Legend.

• Haha 2

On 14/06/2024 at 14:16, KrolMong said:

1 game in and you want Foden dropped

25 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

1 game in and you want Foden dropped

which isn't contrary to what he's said.

Typical Owlstalk Refugee - doesn't have the ability to read what's in front of him and make a reasoned, intelligent response.

Deffo still a nev  this one, innit @Reesh

19 hours ago, Andyben said:

which isn't contrary to what he's said.

Typical Owlstalk Refugee - doesn't have the ability to read what's in front of him and make a reasoned, intelligent response.

Deffo still a nev  this one, innit @Reesh

Not a Stalk or a Nev, whatever that is