Danny Rõhl on his way

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

The club will have allowed him to do it. 

He's covering the German and Austrian matches, I believe, so he won't be there long 

Until Germany knock England out 

23 hours ago, Tylluan said:

He's covering the German and Austrian matches, I believe, so he won't be there long 

He won't be travelling far ..... Mate who works there says the Hub for ITV's Euro coverage is at their Salford Quays studios!

He can be there & back in the day on Trans Pennine Express for under a £10er off peak!

• Like 1

Just now, CasbahOwl said:

He won't be travelling far ..... Mate who works there says the Hub for ITV's Euro coverage is at their Salford Quays studios!

He can be there & back in the day on Trans Pennine Express for under a £10er off peak!

How was Tenerife?

Just now, Reesh said:

How was Tenerife?

I know I get associated with Tenerife as that's where some mad fucker took my arm off with a sword but on this occasion I was in Lanzarote!

TBF I prefer Tenerife but thanks for asking 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, CasbahOwl said:

I know I get associated with Tenerife as that's where some mad fucker took my arm off with a sword but on this occasion I was in Lanzarote!

TBF I prefer Tenerife but thanks for asking 🙂

Ha well you get about a fair bit pal.

Whilst there has been a lot of fair criticism of DC last season on decisions and general conduct. Getting Rohl signed up long term is a great result for him and he deserves a lot of credit for ensuring the club is protected longer term if someone wants to employ Rohl and it’s also the first time in a while that there is to be a plan for the club over a few years  rather than a rolling 1 or 1.5 year review. I got the impression that was no 1 priority for Rohl and there was the assumption DC wouldn’t accommodate this but that’s proven many wrong.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted this week and the momentum starts to build for the club. It can’t be a cheap investment in such a big staff but the penny is maybe dropping that these things and good facilities attract and improve players which saves/makes money longer term.

On 22/05/2024 at 13:17, Tylluan said:

ITV have only got the first German game (Scotland) and the first two Austrian ones (France and Poland).  So he’ll be done before the final week in June.

On 22/05/2024 at 13:17, Tylluan said:

A bit longer than Scotland though. 😁

• Haha 1

The other thing about DR doing this, it might be some of the ‘studio’ bits are done from the UK, so he might not be flying around Europe….

Unless, he’s in Germany to make sure the signings get done and …while he’s there he might as well earn some more cash too…🤣

What I took from the interview was that unless we go up, or make a very very very good fist of it (e.g. losing in play offs) - DR won't be here for the start of the season in August 2025

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

What I took from the interview was that unless we go up, or make a very very very good fist of it (e.g. losing in play offs) - DR won't be here for the start of the season in August 2025

Which interview?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...