George Byers

Great servant for the club.

All we want from players is to show some pride in wearing the shirt and to give their all on the pitch (and obviously some talent).

Byers had that in spades and that’s why he received and continues to receive the plaudits and respect he deserves!

Even though he’s signed for a toilet of a football club and a prick of a manager, I wish him all the best for the future. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Great servant for the club.

Was he fuck

Played 66 league games out of a possible 138 for us.

Decent that first season when he cam back from injury and th  second (between injuries) but lookd mince in most of his appearances in the  championship 

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Was he fuck

Decent that first season when he cam back from injury and th  second (between injuries) but lookd mince in most of his appearances in the  championship 

40 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Byers played fewer games in his first three seasons than Hinchcliffe (76) or even Wim Jonk (68 in two season)...

Mike Parry at it again...

Byers this season suffered from a lack of wank training by the Spaniard and recovering from his injury last season. 

Fully fit and he's one hell of a player. Shame Danny didn't see the best of him.

• Like 1

Good player at league one level. No shock that our best spells in league one came in a stable three of Luongo, Byers and Bannan in the first season and Vaulks, Byers and Bannan in the second year.

But, really did struggle against teams that had legs in midfield, even at that level, just not mobile enough to function at the base of a Championship midfield.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Mike Parry at it again...

Byers this season suffered from a lack of wank training by the Spaniard and recovering from his injury last season. 

Fully fit and he's one hell of a player. Shame Danny didn't see the best of him.

If you look back, I was a  big supporter of Byers in L1 but to call him a great  servant for the club when he missed over half of all league games and played fewer that two players  that the Wenzdi Intelligentsia have proclaimed to be crocks and no good, is laughable and deserves derision.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Was he fuck

Yeah you’re right. He had a bad attitude, couldn’t be arsed, only came here for the money and had only a fraction of the commitment to the club and pride in wearing the shirt that Hinchcliffe and Wim Wank had!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Yeah you’re right. He had a bad attitude, couldn’t be arsed, only came here for the money and had only a fraction of the commitment to the club and pride in wearing the shirt that Hinchcliffe and Wim Wank had!

Have you Been sniffing diesel? 

"Man turns up for job and works half the days he's meant to proclaimed as great servant"

Check our record last season between games he played and those he didn't.

Edited by Andyben

29 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Have you Been sniffing diesel? 

"Man turns up for job and works half the days he's meant to proclaimed as great servant"

Check our record last season between games he played and those he didn't.

Reesh was a great servant to my business 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Wim Wank? Wow. Bells you've fallen into the trap many before you did. He was an almost present for two seasons surrounded by dross and his injury forced him to retire and he tore up his contract, as did Hinchcliffe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Wim Wank? Wow. Bells you've fallen into the trap many before you did. He was an almost present for two seasons surrounded by dross and his injury forced him to retire and he tore up his contract, as did Hinchcliffe. 

One of my mates reckons that Jonk is the best all-round midfielder that Wednesday have had.  It's just our usual luck that he eventually got crocked.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

One of my mates reckons that Jonk is the best all-round midfielder that Wednesday have had.  It's just our usual luck that he eventually got crocked.  

Fred, the bloke oozed class but when you have Danny Sonner or Peter Atherton at the side of you instead of Davids, Seedorf etc you can see why he didn't live up to the hype, he got injured the summer after relegation and never recovered, nor did we it seems.

• Like 2

Hinchcliffe was injured when we signed him but no doubt a decent player. An England international and an upgrade on Ian Nolan. On the other hand, I would say that Jonk was world-class. He was a pleasure to watch, unfortunate timing I think. He probably just got fed up playing with the dross (comparatively) we had at the time. Niclas Alexandersson aside.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tomcore said:

Hinchcliffe was injured when we signed him but no doubt a decent player. An England international and an upgrade on Ian Nolan. On the other hand, I would say that Jonk was world-class. He was a pleasure to watch, unfortunate timing I think. He probably just got fed up playing with the dross (comparatively) we had at the time. Niclas Alexandersson aside.

Just got fed up?

1 hour ago, tomcore said:

I used to work with a Dutch Kid who knew him . Jonk was just looking for a final payday never really interested in playing for Wednesday  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lobster said:

I used to work with a Dutch Kid who knew him . Jonk was just looking for a final payday never really interested in playing for Wednesday  

I'd have loved to have watched him when he was interested, then.  🙂

• Like 3

I used to love watching GB in League One when we managed to get him fit and on the pitch. He was off the pace though for this League, wish him well so good luck George but he plays for someone else now, or soon will do. Once they're gone, they're gone.

3 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I used to love watching GB in League One when we managed to get him fit and on the pitch. He was off the pace though for this League, wish him well so good luck George but he plays for someone else now, or soon will do. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Ironic given your username

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Ironic given your username

I take your point, but the fact is, George Byers going to Rotherham just doesn't have the same effect on an old man, as John Fantham doing the exact same thing on a young lad.

It was pretty traumatic for me from around 65/70, Springett, Dobson, Mobley, Fantham, Megson, Finney leaving. Just can't get too excited about it all these days.

Edited by Alan Finney

5 hours ago, lobster said:

We would all do the same and if we didn't we'd be a bit silly.

Jonk was really good in his first season. Stood out in a terrible Wednesday team in the second season, and then the injuries hit.

Hinchcliffe was good whenever he was fit. I read somewhere that he’d actually failed the medical when we signed him. But we signed him anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Jonk was really good in his first season. Stood out in a terrible Wednesday team in the second season, and then the injuries hit.

Hinchcliffe was good whenever he was fit. I read somewhere that he’d actually failed the medical when we signed him. But we signed him anyway.

Spurs as I recall I think