If You Could Pick 2 Pre Season Friendlies...

As we look forward to next season's beginning, which Team/Ground would you most like to see us travel to outwith England and who would you most like to visit Hillsborough?

We will play some canon fodder initially, but if there was 2 teams we could play before the season starts, one Away and one at Home, who would you choose as opponents?

From a personal viewpoint, I'd love to see The Owls at Ibrox (Rangers) or Tynecastle (Hearts) as both be competing in Europe next season and as visitors Utrecht (top flight going for Euro Conf slot) or Kaiserslautern (German Cup Finalists this season also going for Europe) revisit from our old Euro days, for the nostalgia and because I'm an old bassa. (Barca, Roma and Lyon be too dear to host)

4 solid choices there for 2 games, would be keenly contested games, a good indicator of where Danny's squad will be at as all are difficult teams doing well and all would be near sold out if not sold out entirely. so financially viable for all Clubs. 

If you could select 2 realistic opponents, who would you choose and why?

Deffo not Kaiserslautern!  Been there, got robbed blind, don't want to repeat the experience!  

Was just about to say I'd also seen Wednesday play at Hearts, but it was actually Hibs!   Apologies to ECO.  👀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

It wouldn't fucking sell out. Are you stupid by birth or did you practice to perfect it.

Why wouldn't it sell out?

German cup finalists this season, Our manger is German and previous history with the Clubs.

Given the above, not me that's stupid.

Just now, olblueties said:

Why wouldn't it sell out?

German cup finalists this season, Our manger is German and previous history with the Clubs.

Given the above, not me that's stupid.

It's a pre season game you docile ****.

Just now, Reesh said:

It's a pre season game you docile ****.

Yes, I did say pre season.

You don't think bringing possible German Cup Winners would be a good game, gotcha. 

I'll leave you and your insults/expletives to it until you offer better, all round here.

Just now, olblueties said:

Yes, I did say pre season.

You don't think bringing possible German Cup Winners would be a good game, gotcha. 

I'll leave you and your insults/expletives to it until you offer better, all round here.

Pre season won't sell out, they never do.

Who cares that they are German cup finalists.

Feel free to fuck off and not come back you silly grave dodger

• Haha 1

Just now, Reesh said:

Pre season won't sell out, they never do.

Who cares that they are German cup finalists.

Feel free to fuck off and not come back you silly grave dodger

You're a miserable cnut, you fcuk off.

Nobody miss your outlook ya prick.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, olblueties said:

As we look forward to next season's beginning, which Team/Ground would you most like to see us travel to outwith England and who would you most like to visit Hillsborough?

We will play some canon fodder initially, but if there was 2 teams we could play before the season starts, one Away and one at Home, who would you choose as opponents?

From a personal viewpoint, I'd love to see The Owls at Ibrox (Rangers) or Tynecastle (Hearts) as both be competing in Europe next season and as visitors Utrecht (top flight going for Euro Conf slot) or Kaiserslautern (German Cup Finalists this season also going for Europe) revisit from our old Euro days, for the nostalgia and because I'm an old bassa. (Barca, Roma and Lyon be too dear to host)

4 solid choices there for 2 games, would be keenly contested games, a good indicator of where Danny's squad will be at as all are difficult teams doing well and all would be near sold out if not sold out entirely. so financially viable for all Clubs. 

If you could select 2 realistic opponents, who would you choose and why?

I seem to remember DR saying he's not interested in playing friendlies so solely to play along I'd take an away game to St Pauli even though the ferry to Hamburg doesn't run anymore, wonder when they stopped that. Could fit in a quick visit to Herbertstrasse (it would be quick as well)whilst there and of course the Reeperbahn.

Then for the home game I'd take Red Star Belgrade, not for any particular reason though.

That Rangers stuff  is just not for me, not one little bit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I seem to remember DR saying he's not interested in playing friendlies so solely to play along I'd take an away game to St Pauli even though the ferry to Hamburg doesn't run anymore, wonder when they stopped that. Could fit in a quick visit to Herbertstrasse (it would be quick as well)whilst there and of course the Reeperbahn.

Then for the home game I'd take Red Star Belgrade, not for any particular reason though.

That Rangers stuff  is just not for me, not one little bit.

What were the Gaffer's words mate, he say none at all? I didn't hear/read what he said. I may miss the odd thing. If we are playing none, thread is pointless and highlights me missing what he's said.

I get the German part, Hamburg/St Pauli be a good shout also. How many do you reckon would travel there?

Outwith England and still in the UK, there's only Scotland has opposition of note. 

Both Scottish teams mentioned are on the up also, Hearts a clear 3rd in that League.

Tynecastle would sell out as would Ibrox, the latter usually sold out no matter the opposition.

Not much travel, 2 teams with Euro football and a standard similar to what we would face domestically, while not being teams we would face in any given season, so different but similar, therefore beneficial for preparation, if we are playing any games.

We wouldn't have the chance to play Rangers or Hearts due to Scotlands low Uefa rankings which means they have to qualify for European competitions by playing qualifiers.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, olblueties said:

What were the Gaffer's words mate, he say none at all? I didn't hear/read what he said. I may miss the odd thing. If we are playing none, thread is pointless and highlights me missing what he's said.

I get the German part, Hamburg/St Pauli be a good shout also. How many do you reckon would travel there?

Outwith England and still in the UK, there's only Scotland has opposition of note. 

Both Scottish teams mentioned are on the up also, Hearts a clear 3rd in that League.

Tynecastle would sell out as would Ibrox, the latter usually sold out no matter the opposition.

Not much travel, 2 teams with Euro football and a standard similar to what we would face domestically, while not being teams we would face in any given season, so different but similar, therefore beneficial for preparation, if we are playing any games.

I can't remember his exact words mate, I don't think he said we wouldn't play any friendlies but I got the impression he didn't view them as overly important so I don't think we'll play in numbers as we have previously, the break will be all about training and team building which he deems more profitable for the team in general.

As for travelling to Scotland I just can't see it and I'm 100% with DR on this. Let him and the players have some solid time together and prepare as well as they possibly can without the hassle of playing other clubs. If we were to have a game in Scotland then yes, Hearts would be my choice, this thing with Rangers I've always found a bit vomit inducing, that's just my personal perception, I just hate to see Wednesdayites drooling over them like they're in some way superior to us and we should look up to them and be thankful they've taken the time out of their day to give us a game. Well Rangers can FRO, I don't mind them as a club but they are basically playing EFL League 1 football so fuck em. 

Well, you did ask.😂

If I don't see a Wednesday game until the first game of the opening season then I'm fine with that.

Edited by Alan Finney
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I can't remember his exact words mate, I don't think he said we wouldn't play any friendlies but I got the impression he didn't view them as overly important so I don't think we'll play in numbers as we have previously, the break will be all about training and team building which he deems more profitable for the team in general.

As for travelling to Scotland I just can't see it and I'm 100% with DR on this. Let him and the players have some solid time together and prepare as well as they possibly can without the hassle of playing other clubs. If we were to have a game in Scotland then yes, Hearts would be my choice, this thing with Rangers I've always found a bit vomit inducing, that's just my personal perception, I just hate to see Wednesdayites drooling over them like they're in some way superior to us and we should look up to them and be thankful they've taken the time out of their day to give us a game. Well Rangers can FRO, I don't mind them as a club but they are basically playing EFL League 1 football so fuck em. 

Well, you did ask.😂

If I don't see a Wednesday game until the first game of the opening season then I'm fine with that.

I did ask and your opinion while valid, is incorrect on a few counts re. Rangers.

This a fan base grateful for the support shown to their Club following a troubling time and held in the highest regard by most. 2" Europa League Finals in 14 years, auto qualification was guaranteed and a last 16 place seeded because they alone carry Scottish footballs co-efficient in Europe.

Hearts building well but likely to lose their best player, skipper and top scorer  POTY Shankland.

If we are talking League 1, Celtic have a geezer from MK Dons their only player of the year nominee.

The above is fact, whether palatable to some or not.

Edited by olblueties

I don’t generally go to friendlies, and I agree with Reesh, unless we playing Real Madrid etc we won’t sell out.

Anyway, I’d try and get a game against a PL team that will be near the bottom, maybe someone like Ipswich, as a benchmark on what standard we probably need to playing at to be challenging at the top. 

25 minutes ago, olblueties said:

This a fan base grateful for the support shown to their Club following a troubling time and held in the highest regard by most. 2" Europa League Finals in 14 years, auto qualification was guaranteed and a last 16 place seeded because they alone carry Scottish footballs co-efficient in Europe.

QED.

Just now, Alan Finney said:

QED.

So you wouldn't be for taking on a Club with real pedigree, domestically and abroad at their place?

The clubs put to the sword over the years is phenomenal, year in, year out. Some of Europe's finest.

Danny wants a worthwhile game, why not one against a side that can compete at high levels consistently?  One not played against in League or Cup.

Plenty would be learned from both teams here for varying reasons and excellent money earned by both with the prestige/history of both Clubs guaranteeing a sell out there.

I honestly see no reason not to play this one, if it was possible. Win/win at all turns.

18 minutes ago, olblueties said:

So you wouldn't be for taking on a Club with real pedigree, domestically and abroad at their place?

The clubs put to the sword over the years is phenomenal, year in, year out. Some of Europe's finest.

Danny wants a worthwhile game, why not one against a side that can compete at high levels consistently?  One not played against in League or Cup.

Plenty would be learned from both teams here for varying reasons and excellent money earned by both with the prestige/history of both Clubs guaranteeing a sell out there.

I honestly see no reason not to play this one, if it was possible. Win/win at all turns.

Each to their own mate. I just think they're a distraction we don't need, Danny knows.

DR only wants to play one a week max so that, in his words, he can spend all week working on one particular thing. 

Can't see us going to Germany until after the Euros final on July 14 so that gives time for new signings to join. If we do 10 days over there then we'll come back and go straight into the season, which might be good as the final preparations will be out of sight. 

Been told we're trying to use the facilities at Loughborough Uni again for the English training camp. 

2 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Each to their own mate. I just think they're a distraction we don't need, Danny knows.

Yes indeed each to their own.

I see a great game, top opposition and knowledge gleamed by both managers and teams. Windass returning to his former Club also.

You don't, you see negatively in the form of 'distraction' whatever that is. We want to play good teams, right? Attractive opposition that would never be played through a season, so no repetitive games to come when the season kicks off for real.

Beauty of forums is the differing opinions/takes.

Be even more interesting now to see the who/where/when is arranged, if anything, before a ball is kicked in earnest.

14 minutes ago, olblueties said:

I see a great game, top opposition and knowledge gleamed by both managers and teams.

I do hope that is a typo. Sorry about that, I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling mistakes even though I'm usually the worst culprit.

4 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

I do hope that is a typo. Sorry about that, I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling mistakes even though I'm usually the worst culprit.

Sorry, I see none. Which word we talking about, could've highlighted it in bold mate and my reply would've been an answer rather than a question.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, olblueties said:

Sorry, I see none. Which word we talking about, could've highlighted it in bold mate and my reply would've been an answer rather than a question.

Quite, but I needed to determine if you knew where the error lay. Now I know you haven't a clue I can point it out to you.  It's the word "Gleamed" where the problem lies. Not so much a spelling mistake mind as the word you used is spelt correctly, it just isn't the correct word if you get my drift. As I said, I myself am not perfect, I just feel that we should assist each other.

Edited by Alan Finney

1 minute ago, Alan Finney said:

Quite, but I needed to determine if you knew where the error lay. Now I know you haven't a clue I can point it out to you.  It's the word "Gleamed" where the problem lies.

To gleam -

https://www.google.com/search?q=gleamed&oq=gleamed&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyCQgAEEUYORiABDIHCAEQABiABDIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIHCAQQABiABDIHCAUQABiABDIHCAYQABiABDINCAcQLhivARjHARiABDIHCAgQABiABDIHCAkQABiABKgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Fcuk sake man, we going to be looking for folk not putting 'umlauts' on Danny's surname next? New signings minus a diacritic in their name?

Did you clock the correct 3 dots with the ellipsis in the thread header? 

Not bad for a thick cnut with only O Grade English.

I

2 minutes ago, olblueties said:

To gleam -

https://www.google.com/search?q=gleamed&oq=gleamed&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyCQgAEEUYORiABDIHCAEQABiABDIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIHCAQQABiABDIHCAUQABiABDIHCAYQABiABDINCAcQLhivARjHARiABDIHCAgQABiABDIHCAkQABiABKgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Fcuk sake man, we going to be looking for folk not putting 'umlauts' on Danny's surname next? New signings minus a diacritic in their name?

Did you clock the correct 3 dots with the ellipsis in the thread header? 

Not bad for a thick cnut with only O Grade English.

I

The word you were looking for is "gleaned" not "gleamed." As I said, just trying to help and I'm not perfect myself but what I will say is that when I make a mistake I am thankful of the mistake being pointed out to me, it's how we learn. So to "gleam" is shiny to "glean" is to gather some information. Hope that helps.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

The word you were looking for is "gleaned" not "gleamed." As I said, just trying to help and I'm not perfect myself but what I will say is that when I make a mistake I am thankful of the mistake being pointed out to me, it's how we learn. So to "gleam" is shiny to "glean" is to gather some information. Hope that helps.

Hope the following helps you...

You don't think both managers would be illumined by the knowledge gathered or gained by this fixture? 

Fcuk off with your shite man and give us a worthwhile contribution.

Edited by olblueties
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, olblueties said:

Hope the following helps you...

You don't think both managers would be illumined by the knowledge gathered or gained by this fixture? 

Fcuk off with your shite man and give us a worthwhile contribution.

I can see you're not getting it and for some reason it's my fault for pointing it out to you. Just take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. For your information, for something to "Gleam" the light  comes from somewhere else. The thing that's gleaming doesn't produce the light (illumination in your thinking), it just uses it to well Gleam. But to glean is to gather information which was what you undoubtedly meant.

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

St Clement FC Away.

Whoever Bannan & Palmer sign for at home.

Didn't you hear the Wednesday fans all singing after the final whistle on Saturday.  Barry Bannan, "Ten more years!"

I can see you're not getting it and for some reason it's my fault for pointing it out to you. Just take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. For your information, for something to "Gleam" the light  comes from somewhere else. The thing that's gleaming doesn't produce the light (illumination in your thinking), it just uses it to well Gleam. But to glean is to gather information which was what you undoubtedly meant.

You must be aware this is a football forum and not an English language course, right?

Why have you not moved on? If the subject matter and your perceived spelling errors, which there were none fcuk you up this much? Thread just not be for you or you reduce it to this.

Only one not getting it here is you, both those words are interchangeable.

Gleam/Glean - the light comes from the players )external source) with what they do and don't do. That info/light is then gathered.

Your lack of comprehension never mind false accusations of spelling mistakes that didn't exist show you as a ridiculous character here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, olblueties said:

You must be aware this is a football forum and not an English language course, right?

Why have you not moved on? If the subject matter and your perceived spelling errors, which there were none fcuk you up this much? Thread just not be for you or you reduce it to this.

Gleam/Glean - the light comes from the players )external source) with what they do and don't do. That info/light is then gathered.

Your lack of comprehension never mind false accusations of spelling mistakes that didn't exist show you as a ridiculous character here.

Oi, you two: get a room!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, olblueties said:

Well, one things for sure, you'll not be getting those two words mixed up again will you, I feel my work is done here, I've improved you and leave you a more intelligent person than I found you, it's a win win matey, accept it for what it is. Embrace it.

😂😂😂

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Well, one things for sure, you'll not be getting those two words mixed up again will you, I feel my work is done here, I've improved you and leave you a more intelligent person than I found you, it's a win win matey, accept it for what it is. Embrace it.

😂😂😂

It was you who got them mixed up for fs, they are interchangeable therefore apply equally in either case.

You who has been schooled here in more ways than one.

You embrace a non English man educating you on your language and the use of it, without any of your perceived spelling mistakes.

You're leaving this thread a loser and more educated you fcuking dunderheid you.

Edited by olblueties
  • Haha 1

Old Blue Lies strikes again.😂😂😂

Whoops, typo should have said Ties.

Show me where I've lied, once? Prove your point.

Your immaturity coupled with your inarticulacy sees you continually losing here, but too dumb to see it I'm afraid.

You imagine spelling mistakes, yet think you can educate folk.

This is priceless man, cap fcuking doffed your way.

• Haha 1

As it happens, you mentioned that you weren't English, well neither am I. Using the correction methods is how we learn from each other but I see you're one of those people who won't accept when they're wrong. Would it make you feel better if I said you were right all along? Even when we both know the truth?

As it happens, you mentioned that you weren't English, well neither am I. Using the correction methods is how we learn from each other but I see you're one of those people who won't accept when they're wrong. Would it make you feel better if I said you were right all along? Even when we both know the truth?

You can consider yourself corrected here and stop projecting your own inadequacy as a fault of the person showing you where you err.

Truth is, I haven't mis spelled anything or told any lies. There's the real truth. That then leaves you as the liar, among other things.

Truth hurt, you most horrible cnut?

• Haha 1

You act the wank then give it 'crikey; ffs. Does your carer know you're online man? Genuine question...

Willing to bet a £100 there's not a cnut on line who would say what they say to people to their faces, knowing fine well the consequences in real life, either embarrassed or worse if there's no intellect or humanity behind who you chose to falsely have a go at.

As we are going down the road of 'quoting' without actually quoting, I'm now giving up with you.

You can't even do that right man.

Assess your contribution to "what 2 friendlies 'you' would like to see?" and how relevant yours has been to that.

Please, look up the word' interchangeable', this will help your ability to comprehend, no end.

I cannot continue with you, my intelligence and life force will drain rapidly if I persist with you.

Wish you good luck in life, you will need it.