Stoke next week.....

Sold out their allocation, originally given 2.6k then got a further 800.

Should we have restricted their numbers like they do to us?

And apparently if we play there next season the away section is getting moved to the corner much like Boro and Derby do.

32 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Yes. 

Don't know how vocal their away support is but that's another 800 voices behind their team when the game possibly defines both club's season. 

If we don't get 4 points from today and Norwich at S6 I'm not sure it'll matter. Worry about these first. Shouldn't be getting out sung by a couple of thousand stoke fans anyway really 

Stoke have a bit of a rep away from home. Suspect they’d be noisy at 2,600 so whether giving them over 3k makes much difference in that regard I don’t know. It wouldn’t if it was Wednesday but I think it’s more the psychology of seeing that stand relatively full and not wanting to let them down. Sometimes it brings something from the home crowd too though 

9 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Stoke have a bit of a rep away from home. Suspect they’d be noisy at 2,600 so whether giving them over 3k makes much difference in that regard I don’t know. It wouldn’t if it was Wednesday but I think it’s more the psychology of seeing that stand relatively full and not wanting to let them down. Sometimes it brings something from the home crowd too though 

Yep. Extra pointing. 

• Haha 1

I went to Stoke for the first game at this level under Sturrock. The police were filming the entire away stand and we got locked in with a few bricks thrown over for good measure. Not the friendliest place based on that experience 😅

Stoke is horrible I went in ‘84, 2-1 loss, bloody hatchet man Bould was playing for them, the old Victoria Ground, we battered them, one of only 3 games they won that season, the ye-ye-ye-lllllllllll-ooo-ooo-www-sssss chant was born 👍

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

I went to Stoke for the first game at this level under Sturrock. The police were filming the entire away stand and we got locked in with a few bricks thrown over for good measure. Not the friendliest place based on that experience 😅

Was reyt lively.

33 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Got my tickets. First game in 10years. Super excited 

You should take a drive down the Parkway to the ground. If you haven't been to Sheffield in that time span either you will notice it's changed a bit 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

You should take a drive down the Parkway to the ground. If you haven't been to Sheffield in that time span either you will notice it's changed a bit 

Thanks, I will. I want to go up to Ecclesfield too. That’s where I used to live. I understand it’s very different there as well

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

Thanks, I will. I want to go up to Ecclesfield too. That’s where I used to live. I understand it’s very different there as well

Probably less changed than elsewhere, but I have family there so see it fairly frequently and the changes more subtle in my eyes. 

• Like 1