Birmingham leaving St Andrews?

If I ever get the train to Brum it goes fairly close by this area, lot of derelict buildings and land you can see, so ripe for development. Looking on the map not that far really from St Andrews

Raises the question of does Sheffield have similar spaces

Edited by mkowl

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

If I ever get the train to Brum it goes fairly close by this area, lot of derelict buildings and land you can see, so ripe for development. Looking on the map not that far really from St Andrews

Raises the question of does Sheffield have similar spaces

If we were to build a new ground realistically where would it go ?  Not that I want us to move. 

I would definitely want it to be the same side of the City but the more open brown filed sites spill onto Barnsley and Rotherham boundaries. 

6 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If we were to build a new ground realistically where would it go ?  Not that I want us to move. 

I would definitely want it to be the same side of the City but the more open brown filed sites spill onto Barnsley and Rotherham boundaries. 

Down Neepsend 

25 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If we must stay in Sheffield, Westfield/Halfway.

19 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Basically wipe out the car showrooms down Penistone Road.....

..and waste 5 years after finding toxic sludge when digging out the groundworks.

Not like it'd ever flood down there eh

Westfield / Halfway - extend the Tram, link up with Motorways/A Roads, reuse the existing rail network for a new station on a branchline.

Training Ground & Academy, Sport science / educational centre based on Milanello to attract massive govt. funding plus income from other sports teams.

Sounds perfect to me

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Westfield / Halfway - extend the Tram, link up with Motorways/A Roads, reuse the existing rail network for a new station on a branchline.

Training Ground & Academy, Sport science / educational centre based on Milanello to attract massive govt. funding plus income from other sports teams.

Sounds perfect to me

Pig country so would sound perfect to you Stevie....

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

The delights of the Gypsy Queen and Crystal Peaks.....how exotic....

Isn't that new Gulliver's theme park still within the Sheffield boundary? They picked that land up for next to nowt (relative to normal purchases)

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Isn't that new Gulliver's theme park still within the Sheffield boundary? They picked that land up for next to nowt (relative to normal purchases)

Classed as Rother Valley I think pal.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Reesh said:

Another Derbyshire lad wanting out thar way.....

Disgusting.

The fan zone would be made from sheep pens, probably still with sheep in them for the locals

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mkowl said:

The fan zone would be made from sheep pens, probably still with sheep in them for the locals

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

SYP would object that they'd be rammed. 

Get out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...