Merson speaks sense occasionally

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Gambling addiction

Hated him tbf when he played for Arsenal and us not winning trophies - but on this topic he is spot on really 

Particularly the hypocrisy of players being banned whilst⁷ the Clubs rake in £m's from betting firms 

He's a fucking degenerate **** I hope he suffers daily.

38 minutes ago, Cheshiresteel said:

Perhaps HR at Sky have him as a vulnerable person and for reputational management reasons aren’t prepared to risk the effect on him and his family by letting him go.

I'd let him go....head first down Blake St

Always disliked merson since his ‘beer drinking’ celebrations post the cup final in 93… twat.

But, addiction can be horrific for someone’s life. I dislike him, but don’t wish him ill. 

And he makes some valid points, but as pointed out above, there’s some hypocrisy in there too

9 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Always disliked merson since his ‘beer drinking’ celebrations post the cup final in 93… twat.

But, addiction can be horrific for someone’s life. I dislike him, but don’t wish him ill. 

And he makes some valid points, but as pointed out above, there’s some hypocrisy in there too

Oh fuck off Driving Miss Daisy.....addiction is horrific but don't play on it like that junkie ***** has.

13 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Oh fuck off Driving Miss Daisy.....addiction is horrific but don't play on it like that junkie ***** has.

Have to disagree on Merson. He's been open with his issues but he always turned up for work without fail, unlike some of the newer players. He deserves respect for that alone.