Let's hope it doesn't go tits up

40 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I think, as Hoyland says, we stay up we keep him and Rőhl.

Ugbo seems to be flourishing under Danny too.

Still a task to stay up but if we do I'm confident that the summer rebuild and next season will be good.

I agree, we stay up and we keep Rohl, and I am 99% certain we’ll get Poveda, Ugbo and convince Bernard to stay, and we’ll recruit in a similar ilk to now. I can see us getting Beadle for a season too.

• Like 1

Interesting day yesterday.

Early start, heading for the 0830 train. Apart from the bus into town deciding it needed a reboot, causing a 10 minute delay, a decent first stage of events.

The match itself seemed somewhat unChampionship-like. Quite slow throughout (both sides) and only little bursts of pace here and there. Thankfully our Chess pieces outmanoeuvred theirs, leading to minimal threat across the nervy 90+ minutes.

I haven't watched it back, but I did think Bernard's first yellow was a straight red. That said, I was a bit away (Kop) so could be wrong. Will chuck the highlights on later.

As far as the second yellow is concerned, as soon as it happened, I said to my mate, "that's him off then" but the game continued for what seemed like two minutes (I'm pretty sure Bernard blocked a shot on goal during that time, which could've had an impact on the game but not to worry). I was then just about to say, "this ref's either got the best memory in the league or he's letting him off with it" when play stopped and the red was flashed. Correct decision.

Full time meant it was a case of 'so far so good'. However, that changed when I entered the train station to find the 1821 cancelled. Having spoken to the lassie on the Information Desk, the updated plan was to head to dirty Leeds and jump on the 2008.

All fine and dandy until I arrived in dirtyville to find the 2008 was to be abandoned at Newcastle, with a replacement bus service heading North from there. So, as it turned out, instead of getting back to Edinburgh just after 10pm, I didn't actually arrive 'til 1am!

Still, 3 points - can't complain. Well done Wednesday 🙂

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Musaba and Poveda were loving it weren't they !

Could Poveda if signed permanently be the Bannan heir apparent  ? 

Not for me, pal: think he's more cavalier in style and different in temperament, too.  I'm loving having him here though and scared of looking too far in front.

If you want to know which of the players I've watched here that he reminds me of most in his play, it would have to be a certain Mr. Henderson.  So for me he's Wee Willie Poveda. 🃏 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EBRA said:

Great result for us!

Pol is really shinning now and the recent news focus he’s had explains why time is required when picking up foreign players. 

One thing to add I thought it was obvious Bannan had a bit of reservation about his play today - he was clearly playing with the knowledge one more yellow knocked him out of the next game! 
We need Bazza for the next 2 games without a shadow of doubt.

I’ve rightly or wrongly baked in a loss against Leeds  in my head and am praying for maximum points in the next 2!

Your last para above: me too, Ebra. An absolutely crucial week for us, telescoped by ****ing television: if we somehow manage to win the first two then L**ds is a free hit and we go for it.  

Rotherham sound like they've played well recently for no reward and they'll play like maniacs 'cos it's us so that won't be easy.  

Edited by Owling_Wolf

Your last para above: me too, Ebra. An absolutely crucial week for us, telescoped by ****ing television: if we somehow manage to win the first two then L**ds is a free hit and we go for it.  

Rotherham sound like they've played well recently for no reward and they'll play like maniacs 'cos it's us so that won't be easy.  

(Ignore my post directly above this one: made a right cobblers of posting it: an Emre Award winner. )

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

I'm not bothered about Leeds going up or not.

Most Sheffield lads aren't (there's only one derby/hatred for us) generally  it's only the Donny, Barnsley  and Wakey lot  that care about Leeds.

So they’re the ones that sing “we all hate Leeds scum” at every single match then.  🙄. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Interesting day yesterday.

Early start, heading for the 0830 train. Apart from the bus into town deciding it needed a reboot, causing a 10 minute delay, a decent first stage of events.

The match itself seemed somewhat unChampionship-like. Quite slow throughout (both sides) and only little bursts of pace here and there. Thankfully our Chess pieces outmanoeuvred theirs, leading to minimal threat across the nervy 90+ minutes.

I haven't watched it back, but I did think Bernard's first yellow was a straight red. That said, I was a bit away (Kop) so could be wrong. Will chuck the highlights on later.

As far as the second yellow is concerned, as soon as it happened, I said to my mate, "that's him off then" but the game continued for what seemed like two minutes (I'm pretty sure Bernard blocked a shot on goal during that time, which could've had an impact on the game but not to worry). I was then just about to say, "this ref's either got the best memory in the league or he's letting him off with it" when play stopped and the red was flashed. Correct decision.

Full time meant it was a case of 'so far so good'. However, that changed when I entered the train station to find the 1821 cancelled. Having spoken to the lassie on the Information Desk, the updated plan was to head to dirty Leeds and jump on the 2008.

All fine and dandy until I arrived in dirtyville to find the 2008 was to be abandoned at Newcastle, with a replacement bus service heading North from there. So, as it turned out, instead of getting back to Edinburgh just after 10pm, I didn't actually arrive 'til 1am!

Still, 3 points - can't complain. Well done Wednesday 🙂

I thought the M1 was shit

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, owl71 said:

So they’re the ones that sing “we all hate Leeds scum” at every single match then.  🙄. Thanks for clarifying.

Only ever hated Leeds as a city mainly because of how Look North always concentrated on their team and also because it was Sheffield that SHOULD  have been the focal point of the county sport, not that shower.

Can't think of many seasons while I've been alive that we had any competitive rivalry other when they won the league with our Legend in charge.