Oxford United to build new stadium.

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Pompous arseholes. Knocking one out before they've even done anything.  "Visitor experience"   God help us.  

"Ooh mummy!  Those nasty people in blue stripes have just shouted something!!"

"It's alright darling. Perhaps you shouldn't have worn your referee's kit until you got to the changing rooms."

I wonder if they'll finish building this one.  Or if a future 'Storm Algernon will put all those panels into orbit.  And what the overall  'green' cost of building multiple stadiums will have been: three and counting. 

46 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Pompous arseholes. Knocking one out before they've even done anything.  "Visitor experience"   God help us.  

"Ooh mummy!  Those nasty people in blue stripes have just shouted something!!"

"It's alright darling. Perhaps you shouldn't have worn your referee's kit until you got to the changing rooms."

I wonder if they'll finish building this one.  Or if a future 'Storm Algernon will put all those panels into orbit.  And what the overall  'green' cost of building multiple stadiums will have been: three and counting. 

Angry old man shouts at clouds 

• Like 1

Plans for a new stadium have been in pipeline for a while now and I think this one is on opposite side of City to one they are at now.

There's not much wrong with one they have now apart from it being 3 sided, just needs a stand building on that car park behind goal.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Plans for a new stadium have been in pipeline for a while now and I think this one is on opposite side of City to one they are at now.

There's not much wrong with one they have now apart from it being 3 sided, just needs a stand building on that car park behind goal.  

Kidlington not that far off the M40 down the A34 

Be great until there is an accident on the latter as I found a few weeks ago, all area grinds to a halt 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Kidlington not that far off the M40 down the A34 

Be great until there is an accident on the latter as I found a few weeks ago, all area grinds to a halt 

Probably the worse road in the UK. But I agree, the location geographically is ideal as long as there are no accidents.

11 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Problem is there's one of the very worst MPs down there that will potentially scupper any redevelopment as she's done to one of.the Oxford colleges 

Lot of upgrading the junction round there 

Daft though, go about 8 miles up the road to Bicester and there is new housing galore and lots of railway stuff. Not that HS2 will stop but there is an East West link that heads my way. Be shifting the Club out the city 

10 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

Probably the worse road in the UK. But I agree, the location geographically is ideal as long as there are no accidents.

I'm old enough to remember having to drive through Newbury on that road instead of the bypass

The A14, A406, A31 and A35 give the A34 a good run for its money as worst road of the UK. 

• Like 1