Jump to content

The Star's football awards..


Recommended Posts

I like the most successful manager of my era supporting the club, he left to join the team he supported as a kid. Hardly fucking Brutus and Caeser is it in terms of betrayal, I find Wilko fucking off for Leeds more distasteful. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I like the most successful manager of my era supporting the club, he left to join the team he supported as a kid. Hardly fucking Brutus and Caeser is it in terms of betrayal, I find Wilko fucking off for Leeds more distasteful. 

 

If t'ol Bert had backed Wilko....we'd have won the league within a couple of seasons....instead we handed the fucker to those despicable twats up the road....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I like the most successful manager of my era supporting the club, he left to join the team he supported as a kid. Hardly fucking Brutus and Caeser is it in terms of betrayal, I find Wilko fucking off for Leeds more distasteful. 

This. Wilkinson is an Owl, obviously, and I'm sure if he had been given the funds he would have stayed. However, I don't care how much money is on offer, If it was me I just wouldn't go anywhere near that place 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

This. Wilkinson is an Owl, obviously, and I'm sure if he had been given the funds he would have stayed. However, I don't care how much money is on offer, If it was me I just wouldn't go anywhere near that place 

Wilko was backed but bought some utter shite for a fair chunk of money. 

Ian Cranson

Larry May

Tony Cunningham

Colin West

Mark Proctor

Gary Thompson

 

Over 2m spunked there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Wilko was backed but bought some utter shite for a fair chunk of money. 

Ian Cranson

Larry May

Tony Cunningham

Colin West

Mark Proctor

Gary Thompson

 

Over 2m spunked there 

Cunningham doesn’t belong in that list - crucial part of the promotion winning side.

He got his money back on a couple of the others too, but on the whole I agree, he wasn’t good when he had money to spend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Wilko was backed but bought some utter shite for a fair chunk of money. 

Ian Cranson

Larry May

Tony Cunningham

Colin West

Mark Proctor

Gary Thompson

 

Over 2m spunked there 

Mmmmm. When you quote those names fair point. And I think he bought Chamberlain, who was good, but just didn't fit into his style, which obviously begs question why he bought him. I suspect board didn't trust him, which with names you quoted, is understandable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

I like the most successful manager of my era supporting the club, he left to join the team he supported as a kid. Hardly fucking Brutus and Caeser is it in terms of betrayal, I find Wilko fucking off for Leeds more distasteful. 

Fatko shat on us from the greatest possible height after lying his back teeth out first.  Only at Wednesday would some fans idolise him after that. 

Most successful? Rather mixed imo. Yes, brilliant in winning the League Cup, no arguments there, but earlier got us ridiculously relegated with a side containing some real quality players. Then scraped us to promotion - 3rd place in a one-off season when 3 went up automatically - with the same team that, (with minimal additions), Francis took to 3rd in the top division and European competition. Definitely an under-achiever in league football for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Fatko shat on us from the greatest possible height after lying his back teeth out first.  Only at Wednesday would some fans idolise him after that. 

Most successful? Rather mixed imo. Yes, brilliant in winning the League Cup, no arguments there, but earlier got us ridiculously relegated with a side containing some real quality players. Then scraped us to promotion - 3rd place in a one-off season when 3 went up automatically - with the same team that, (with minimal additions), Francis took to 3rd in the top division and European competition. Definitely an under-achiever in league football for us. 

This.

Stood on the town hall steps and told 13 year old me he was staying, then fucked off and broke me heart.

Fat (racist) prick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

This.

Stood on the town hall steps and told 13 year old me he was staying, then fucked off and broke me heart.

Fat (racist) prick

I know what he said, but there is not a chance Atkinson is racist. That's not saying what he said is OK, but he's not a racist 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2022 at 16:20, Mark said:

I know what he said, but there is not a chance Atkinson is racist. That's not saying what he said is OK, but he's not a racist 

I love the guy for the times he brought to the club but using the term lazy n***** though.....off or on mic....he's a racist...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MPB said:

I love the guy for the times he brought to the club but using the term lazy n***** though.....off or on mic....he's a racist...

I can't agree. What he said, not acceptable. No question. But if he really was a racist do we think players like Palmer, Williams, Regis, Anderson, etc, etc would have played for him? No. Word gets out in football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll put it down to a generational thing....I kind of agree with you but he he had to pick the best players he had.....we would have all done that....but he said that unaware he was being recorded.....which in a way makes it worse...he said what he felt....

Look, these are different times....what he said would have been brushed off in the 70's, 80's and early 90's....but society quite rightly has moved on and comments like "lazy n******" is quite rightly outrageous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah the old "he can't possibly be a racist, he knows black people".

To add some context the only black player out of all those he "gave opportunities to" who stood up and said he wasn't a racist was Carlton (and everybody knows he's mad as a box of frogs). The others all seem pretty convinced he was.

Edited by Otto_Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/04/2022 at 22:18, MPB said:

I'll put it down to a generational thing....I kind of agree with you but he he had to pick the best players he had.....we would have all done that....but he said that unaware he was being recorded.....which in a way makes it worse...he said what he felt....

Look, these are different times....what he said would have been brushed off in the 70's, 80's and early 90's....but society quite rightly has moved on and comments like "lazy n******" is quite rightly outrageous.

Undoubtedly a generational thing.  No doubt the things we now post about Trans rights will be used against us in twenty years time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...