Steve Bruce

HoylandOwl

I know many on here hate him and I have sympathy with that. I know it’s hypothetical now but I think he would have at least got us in the playoffs if he’d stayed given what fecking Monk managed to do for half a season before we plummeted. Just think he would have convinced DC to go for the last push and may even has got us promoted.

Anyway all hypothetical now and absolutely no consolation with what followed even if we did get compo, because we need promotion that season to escape the points deduction. Bringing to the end the optimism of possible promotion to the PL. Having said that we would probably have been in a similar situation to the grunters.

• Like 3

Fact is  the timing of his departure was a disaster for us! The managerial options to replace him were poor, the fact DC thought we had the right man this time compounded the impact of his leaving us!

As responsible for our downward spiral as any DC decision outside of the points deduction, refusal to sell at the best price and the Munoz appointment. 

• Like 3