Injury list 23/24

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

One of our, or should I say, formerly injured owls who is still with the club in a training capacity, Ben Heneghan. is attracting interest from League 2.

I reckon he could do a solid job in League One. Wherever his future lies, good luck to the bloke. 

I think he'd be an absolute king in Lg 2 but surely he'll be signed by a Lg 1 club. 

According to Xisco, Momo Diaby, will be continually assessed over the coming weeks but still won't commit to a timeline for his return.

He's said:  If we have luck, maybe he will recover and come back again in the squad. We try to make his recovery as fast as possible and then after we will see if he's ready. But right now he is out and so we'll see next week, or two, three, four weeks' time. He needs to recover 100 per cent."

On Malik Wilks: 

"With Mallik he is almost like being in the first week of pre-season. He played the other day, 65 minutes with the Under-21s. I was there and checked with the numbers afterwards. 

"We need to try to reduce the time for when he's 100 per cent (ready) to play in the first team. We will see if he continues playing in the development team in this time. It's true he has good energy and power in training. I'm very happy with his attitude because it's very good. But one of the important things is reducing the time for how he can come to the best physical conditions to help us (first team)."

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Apparently Reece James injury isn't something to worry about. 

No news on Akin, Bannan or Windass though as far as I've seen. 

Famewo didn't  look good coming off the other night. Groin/hip? Was thinking at the time that he might be out for a good while.

Someone told me that they'd asked Baz at the Sunderland game and he'd  said "after the international break". Same for Windass I heard too. 

36 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Famewo didn't  look good coming off the other night. Groin/hip? Was thinking at the time that he might be out for a good while.

Someone told me that they'd asked Baz at the Sunderland game and he'd  said "after the international break". Same for Windass I heard too. 

Groin the other night for Famewo..

Yeah, I saw that re Bannan.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Snap said:

In my defence, I'm really not very well briefed on other clubs players. My hopes for Wilks was based mainly on the clubs/Moores perseverance in getting him in and certain other stuff I read on SM. And granted it hasn't proved well founded at the moment.

Be nice to know when is contract was ending though.

Hopefully this coming summer.

Oh and shows how poor a judge of player St Dazza was too

Wilks and Smith scored c.50 goals between them the last season they played in Div3 for Hull and Rovrum respectively.

That's why we signed them.

Problem is Morose's tactics didn't at any time suit either player.

If he'd have had the nous to play them together and especially Smith in his preferred role as part of a two, injuries aside, I still think they'd have got to 50 between them again last season and if they'd have built a proper partnership then who knows what could have happened this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Now that's the type of question Joe Crann should be asking, inevitable he will now. He wasn't in the 15 Crann put out in the Stir the other week as coming out of contract at the end of the season. I had this discussion a week or so ago with Tylluan. He thought he'd signed a 2 year contract in mid 2022. I looked it up on Transfermarkt which says he signed August 2022 but without a length or finish date, so, we don't know when he's finishes.

I personally can't help but think that there is a decent player hidden in there somewhere though. He's either having a lot of bad luck or he's been taking the piss although not with his latest injury, but he may with recovery.

I'm going to post this topic in "The Sir is shit" thread as he'll be monitoring it without a doubt.

He'll be monitoring it alright...

But he won't have the gonads to post anything...

He will be too busy having them sucked and his arsed licked on other social media.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Snap said:

Yes, know what you mean. I'm probably reading too much into things. I just got it in my head early doors that they were Munoz lads, him and Valentin I mean. At DR's press conference pre Stoke he did talk about the fact that he had started the difficult conversations with the players that didn't fit into what he wanted and then my mind ran riot thinking just who he was on about.

Yeah you've proved you're a bit behind the door you don't need to stamp home the point

47 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Didn't I read yesterday on here that Buckley's Uncle said it was a season ending injury?

I read it on Twitter.   Also that Pato was taken to hospital.  Bambo Tweeted that the pain wouldn't let him carry on but that he'd already started his recovery, along with photos from the game. One showed him stretching a long way after an escaping football, the other one him holding his groin and grimacing. That could mean owt. 

We seem to be getting worryingly short at the back and up front.  Fingers crossed. 

32 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

There was talk that Pato had broken his ankle. Hope not! He might not be the most technically gifted footballer but you can see why Röhl includes him in the side with his effort and physicality.

My mate had to take his Mrs into Northern General Saturday afternoon.  He messaged about 6pm asking if a Wednesday player had broken his leg as there was one waiting for an x ray.  

He's not a football fan so did not know who it was.  Or should I say he is half Blade / Half Man U !!

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Operation for John Buckley today apparently.  Not sure of the injury though.

Looked like his shoulder on Saturday. Heard it suggested that it was dislocated.

More encouraging though.................

Paterson back in training. Windass and Smith have a chance of being involved this Saturday. 

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

17 minutes ago, Snap said:

Momo, closing in on fitness. Just hope he lives up to the expectations some have of him which is based on not much. 

Based on about double the debut length of Famewo at MK last season before being out five months: he's been pretty useful to have since then. Let's hope Project Momo turns out useful as well. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Pato still needing checking for concussion issues tomorrow, then a decision will be made on his fitness for the weekend. 

Just got a mental picture of them swinging a great big gong at Pato's head, Monty Python style.    🗯🤪

• Haha 1

Iorfa back in training in 3-4 weeks

“Hopefully in three or four weeks,” he replied when asked about Iorfa. “But with this injury it’s always about looking from week to week. We’ll try… Next week we have the cup game, then another game on Tuesday. Hopefully in February he can come back out on the pitch and train with the team."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-dominic-iorfa-update-after-defenders-untimely-injury-4487580

21 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Iorfa back in training in 3-4 weeks

“Hopefully in three or four weeks,” he replied when asked about Iorfa. “But with this injury it’s always about looking from week to week. We’ll try… Next week we have the cup game, then another game on Tuesday. Hopefully in February he can come back out on the pitch and train with the team."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-dominic-iorfa-update-after-defenders-untimely-injury-4487580

That midweek game after Coventry on Friday is on Wednesday, not Tues.