Ooooh match threads are back….. Saints go marching in… (to S6) (h)

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Ooooh match threads are back….. Saints go marching in… (to S6) (h)

XISCO: "I think it's four weeks now since I been here and I'm very happy with the guys because they give me 100 per cent every day. 

"We need to improve  a lot of things but it's a short time, players have arrived and we need to continue working.."

XISCO: "We are working very hard to improve the squad. Maybe we have news today, maybe tomorrow but every day we try to give better things.."

XISCO: The Championship is a very high level, some very big teams and we look forward to the challenge we have. It's very exciting for us.

"I can't wait for the moment I walk out at Hillsborough and see the fans on Friday. It motivates me and the players.."

XISCO: "We will work hard from the first to the last minute, every game. This season will be difficult, more than the last few years. For me it's like a mini Premier League.."

My only fear for tonight, depending on whether the new players are starting...

Is that they have mostly been praised for their ability with the ball and taking players on. 

With that in mind...

I hope they come together as a team and don't think they have to do it all on their own, then run into trouble and lose the ball every time, instead of bringing other players into the game.

I think with what little we've seen so far, we won't be afraid of passing the ball. But a smattering of pushing the team forward with the ball won't hinder either. 

It'll be chuffing nice to see someone carry the ball, and potentially get bums off seats. If this Musaba lad ends up being like a JJ type (Which is what he SEEMS like from the social clips), I'll be happy.

I don’t know what to expect from us tonight given how recent we’ve brought the new lads in. The positive to that is Southampton won’t have much idea about our formation or starting XI either.

Hope we’re able to hit the ground running and that the new lads in the side have the fitness and stamina to perform for 90 minutes.

Can’t wait for it to start now!

51 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Saw a weird stat earlier that if we score first tonight then we scored the last goal of the 22/23 EFL season and we will score the first of this. I like shit like that 😁

At Wembley, just 13 seconds separated Windass' goal for Wednesday and İlkay Gündoğan's for Citeh in the FA Cup Final