Tramlines 2023

Anyone been this year? Went Friday Saturday couldn’t be bothered with Sunday

Courteeners and Richard Ashcroft were brilliant apart from that just got piss wet through and muddy.

Also seen loads of trouble mainly football related which is not something I associated with Tramlines but everyone seems very angry and bitter 😡😡

On 23/07/2023 at 18:00, HappyOwl said:

Anyone been this year? Went Friday Saturday couldn’t be bothered with Sunday

Courteeners and Richard Ashcroft were brilliant apart from that just got piss wet through and muddy.

Also seen loads of trouble mainly football related which is not something I associated with Tramlines but everyone seems very angry and bitter 😡😡

I was there all weekend but did not see any trouble.  

An Wednesday fan (late 50s) was beaten up a couple of weeks ago in town by Blades and was critical in hospital so may be some sort of retribution.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Not been since it abandoned it's community values for corporate greed. Was gutted to have missed Ashcroft, seen him twice before mind, great live performer. 

What was the bother, how do you know it was football related and what was the anger & bitterness over?

Bet park is a right fucking mess now too

Not another holier than thou complaining about Tramlines. 

Things evolve and is a fantatstic event in our City. 

Conditions on Sunday were awful.  Grass will grow back though - its what happens.

Great weekend had once again at Tramlines despite the weather. 

Highlights for me were Ashcroft who was way better than I thought he would be, The K's, Red Rum Club, Paul Heaton (and Rianne) and an entertaining set from McFly. 

Sunday was horrendous underfoot and a lot bailed out after Reverend.  A sham as Paul Heaton was great.  For a Blade I don't mind him and was quite funny - claimed the sun was shining at Bramall Lane and then at then end had red and white streamers expode from the stage.  All light hearted - I don't mind that.

Think it is losing a bit each year but reckon that is down to people being so familiar with it all now.  Also some of the undercard was a bit poor this year but we are at saturation point with festivals.

Costs are high once inside but par for the course with anything.  Beer is cheaper than at the O2 Academy and not bad if a little contraband (Rum) smuggled in.

Tickets for 2024 purchased last night.

13 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Not been since it abandoned it's community values for corporate greed. Was gutted to have missed Ashcroft, seen him twice before mind, great live performer. 

What was the bother, how do you know it was football related and what was the anger & bitterness over?

Bet park is a right fucking mess now too

Barnsley youths turned on a youth in a wednesday shirt minding his own business they didn’t realise that he was being followed behind by about 20 mates some Roth and some United as well as wednesday who saw them off but it carried on for most of the day Friday trading punches in the mosh pits near the stage.

On leaving Friday night sweet Caroline was played at the end on the way out as soon as the f##k the blades/owls etc people near me were just laying into each other.

Saturday night Manchester giving it big Un  Sheffield’s a shit ole etc on way out scuffles and carrying on etc 

I must just have a way of finding myself in the wrong place at the wrong time I suppose.

Just went on the Sunday and bailed during Kaiser Chiefs. Mrs Cheat barely lasted an hour before she headed home. It was a proper test of endurance wading through the mud and getting wet through rather than enjoyment.

Thought it was a good set from Reverend & The Makers, Heatwave in the Cold North raised a smile or two. Caught a brief bit of Black Honey and most of Wunderhorse’s set - all in all not a great return for £50;  but the weather was no one’s fault.

On the issue of it having lost its original roots; there are still the fringe events in town if that’s what you want. It is a pity that they’ve introduced the no re-entry policy, but from the organisers point of view I can see why they have; although I have seen many comments from people saying that they were allowed back in.

On 25/07/2023 at 10:46, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Great weekend had once again at Tramlines despite the weather. 

Highlights for me were Ashcroft who was way better than I thought he would be, The K's, Red Rum Club, Paul Heaton (and Rianne) and an entertaining set from McFly. 

Sunday was horrendous underfoot and a lot bailed out after Reverend.  A sham as Paul Heaton was great.  For a Blade I don't mind him and was quite funny - claimed the sun was shining at Bramall Lane and then at then end had red and white streamers expode from the stage.  All light hearted - I don't mind that.

Think it is losing a bit each year but reckon that is down to people being so familiar with it all now.  Also some of the undercard was a bit poor this year but we are at saturation point with festivals.

Costs are high once inside but par for the course with anything.  Beer is cheaper than at the O2 Academy and not bad if a little contraband (Rum) smuggled in.

Tickets for 2024 purchased last night.

I'd have gone before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2023 at 22:31, cheat said:

Just went on the Sunday and bailed during Kaiser Chiefs. Mrs Cheat barely lasted an hour before she headed home. It was a proper test of endurance wading through the mud and getting wet through rather than enjoyment.

Thought it was a good set from Reverend & The Makers, Heatwave in the Cold North raised a smile or two. Caught a brief bit of Black Honey and most of Wunderhorse’s set - all in all not a great return for £50;  but the weather was no one’s fault.

On the issue of it having lost its original roots; there are still the fringe events in town if that’s what you want. It is a pity that they’ve introduced the no re-entry policy, but from the organisers point of view I can see why they have; although I have seen many comments from people saying that they were allowed back in.

I've seen Black Honey a couple of times and they're great live, she's a really good frontperson and I love their 50's inspired sound.

Was going to watch them at Bingley Festival this weekend but due to late running they ended up on at exactly the same time as Noel Gallagher was on the main stage so there were about 4 people watching them.  The next night, King No One were up against Ian Brown but they had a big crowd, as much as anything I guess because Brown was spectacularly crap.