Clubs Finished (Apparently) warning contains reference from football heaven

Towd Malcolm caller on Radio Sheffield tonight has made some very bold statements regarding the club being finished.

Goalkeeper coach denied accommodation so as not to travel slept in his car and in the changing rooms on occasion. (Told him personally)

Chansiri family have said enough is enough and won’t lend anymore money

Carlton Palmer was right cos he knows

No revenue streams clubs finished its all over.

Wish I’d not been eating mi tea at the time feel a bit sick.

Was about an hour and 10 minutes in if you fancy a listen.

All time low 😩😩😩

I don’t for a second believe that caller. (Not that I listened, I don’t and won’t go back to listen either. I only have it on when driving back from S6 on a matchday from time to time.)

If we were fucked, the club would have been sold for some money. As much as DC is said to be stubborn etc, I can’t see him throwing everything down the drain and let all his money disappear rather than sell for what he can get. As opposed to trying to sell it for what he sees it as being worth, like he has tried to. 

As for the goalkeeper coach… is that Basso? The one who we’ve just let go along with Moore and co? Playing devils advocate, Is there not a possibility there’s sour grapes there? 

I’m not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows, but I don’t think we’ve gone to hell just yet. 

• Like 2

The same level of expertise on finances I see all the time on social media.

In the last couple of days I have seen DC referred to as

1) asset stripper, presumably due to moving the stadium to an associated company. The sort of thing I discuss with clients reasonably often. 

2) loading us with loans - presumably the one that he inherited from the MM era

3) he is reducing his loan account. On paper he is but in a circle it probably flows by the magic of an accountants spreadsheet 

The reality is we can make educated guesses albeit from pretty limited info from filed accounts. That will be a year behind actuality 

• Like 1

I’d rather listen to folk on here than people on RS (and social media) with no accountancy expertise, even if there can be areas of interpretation.

As we know some people only seem happy when they have something to complain about.

Acid test is going to be the recruitment, not only for this topic but the ticket prices and a few other points about how the club is run.

Its even more baffling at some people’s opinions when 1) what we have been through in the last 3-4years and 2) to a degree what we have seen some other clubs go through or achieve by poor financial management or prudent management resp.

Roll on the season starting and hopefully this stuff will disappear or at least take a back seat for a while.

39 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’d rather listen to folk on here than people on RS (and social media) with no accountancy expertise, even if there can be areas of interpretation.

As we know some people only seem happy when they have something to complain about.

Acid test is going to be the recruitment, not only for this topic but the ticket prices and a few other points about how the club is run.

Its even more baffling at some people’s opinions when 1) what we have been through in the last 3-4years and 2) to a degree what we have seen some other clubs go through or achieve by poor financial management or prudent management resp.

Roll on the season starting and hopefully this stuff will disappear or at least take a back seat for a while.

It will only take a back seat if we start the season with some sort of promise or potential on the pitch

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Most probably. I read it somewhere that his staff had gone but he hadn't, maybe The Star so probably explains it 🤣

No Chansiri said he would have perhaps wanted to keep Basso for some continuity but a new coach likes to bring their own staff in.

• Like 1

There’s a few Wednesday fans stirring the pot, no doubt about that.

There is a bit of ammunition sadly, the owner has come out swinging at perceived criticism, and we are missing both playing and coaching staff. And the owner has made us very expensive to watch. But as said, if at least the football side gets sorted before the start of the season, all will be forgotten.

The majority of those having a go at Chansiri have always been in the anti-Chansiri camp and aren't new recruits.  They are also the ones that would love Strafford to return.

Chansiri doesn't help himself at times but he's dammed if he stays quiet and damned if he speaks out.  He's dammed if he raises prices and he's dammed if he doesn't improve the team.

It's a good job they don't have cushions on the North anymore.

• Like 1