4-3-3? An insight into the Munoz way

Found this decent analysis of Watford's Premier League games while Munoz was there. 

If we're going to play this style of 4-3-3 then we're going to need a mobile centre forward, or two.  We've got defenders who can play a back 4 but I don't see where Bannan fits into a combative middle 3. A motivated FDB could have fitted though as the midfield runner. We need at least two box to box midfielders. Could see Johnson playing further up the park though

https://theathletic.com/2825330/2021/09/15/watfords-pressing-concern/

Interestingly he wouldn’t be pinned to a formation yet and even mentioned a range including 352. Hopefully he’s been studying our games before taking the job but he probably wants to see the team. Whatever formation we play I think we have needed that kind of midfielder anyway as we have a bit of everything but that particularly with Adeniran and FDB not really delivering. On the mobile forward we’d need that too ideally a younger couple of strikers come in to help the current ones. Wonder if that strange Morelos rumour resurfaces, he certainly seems more Xisco than Moore-o

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Found this decent analysis of Watford's Premier League games while Munoz was there. 

If we're going to play this style of 4-3-3 then we're going to need a mobile centre forward, or two.  We've got defenders who can play a back 4 but I don't see where Bannan fits into a combative middle 3. A motivated FDB could have fitted though as the midfield runner. We need at least two box to box midfielders. Could see Johnson playing further up the park though

https://theathletic.com/2825330/2021/09/15/watfords-pressing-concern/

Sorry Ty, you lost me when you say a motivated FDB…. What is one of those? 🤣

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sorry Ty, you lost me when you say a motivated FDB…. What is one of those? 🤣

😂

He gave Dele-Bashiru's older brother his start at Watford in much the same position and got a tune out of him.