Pre season 2023/24 Thread

18 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

The two sides will be facing one another for the first time since 1977, which Sheffield Wednesday were victorious in after a 2-0 win in Division Three”

That’s not true we played a pre-season friendly against them 7 or 8 years ago at Bootham Crescent 

Summer 2015 I think and we've been a few times.

10 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

The two sides will be facing one another for the first time since 1977, which Sheffield Wednesday were victorious in after a 2-0 win in Division Three”

That’s not true we played a pre-season friendly against them 7 or 8 years ago at Bootham Crescent 

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

Summer 2015 I think and we've been a few times.

Chansiri turned up and his car was mobbed.

Reesh, there's a photo of Bos and Chansiri, that did the rounds on social media, bowing to each other as he steps out the car. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Reesh, there's a photo of Bos and Chansiri, that did the rounds on social media, bowing to each other as he steps out the car. 

Yeah remember it pal, very well, I had to cut the day out in York short as my sisters wedding reception was that night.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

One of the few games Wednesday appeared on Yorkshire TV for the Sunday highlights was v York.

Today's dull fact 😴

That was the streaker game.

We won 3-0. York played in that kit with the Y on the front.

Pretty sure Eric McMordie scored one of them - our top scorer that season … on the grand total of 6 (six) goals.

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I was at Bootham for that ( very boring) game. 1-1 I seem to remember. I thought after that we'd have a poor season and York do ok......

Not for first time got it a bit wrong 😁

Just now, Reesh said:

Just a quick Google we played at York in 2004 then 2014 and 2015

The 2004 one I remember, my lad was only a young un, and I had tickets in the home end through a friend of mine. The stewards noticed my lad with an owls shirt on, and walked us to the away terrace past the dugouts where I stopped to talk to some of the team pre kick off.

The steward wasn’t happy at wandering off and us not following him, but I didn’t care as the lad was buzzing talking to players at the side of the pitch. 
🤣