Never been prouder!

13 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Give over.

I get the emotion tonight but you'll never beat Wembley in 91.

In a way I agree, but the performance and what we needed to do to win/get through the tie tonight was harder than in 91 was (IMO). Everybody wrote us off tonight, including me, where as I thought we had a chance against Man Yoo with our squad back in 91, especially with Big Ron in charge.

Nice thing to argue about and debate over though, rather than how bad we are/were.

22 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Give over.

I get the emotion tonight but you'll never beat Wembley in 91.

I was there in 91 skamp and the other major matches from that era, I just think this one after the season we’ve had getting well and truly dry bum fucked Friday and the colossal task we gave  our selves tonight.

It’s hard to compare other games.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Funny thing is I don't think we actually played that well from a footballing perspective. It was just a proper old fashioned putting them under pressure and bombarding them job and they wilted. Sort of thing we haven't done enough over the last 20 years 

From a 'pure football' aspect. I agree. 

BUT. Put all the parts together, and it was just something else. Pure drama.

13 hours ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Funny thing is I don't think we actually played that well from a footballing perspective. It was just a proper old fashioned putting them under pressure and bombarding them job and they wilted. Sort of thing we haven't done enough over the last 20 years 

I agree. Though we clearly had a plan to use the wings and get crosses in, none of our goals actually came from the plan. Even with a million corners, we got our chances through second balls or afterwards and not the actual corners or crosses. 

14 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Beating those piggy scumbags in the semi at wembley, the greatest I've felt coming out of a match, last night was close but just fell short. 

That did feel rather good!  Point is though that we should have been beating them. It should have been 10-1.   😉