Atmosphere

Most of us on here are of a certain vintage, let's not pretend Hillsborough has been atmospheric bar the odd memorable occasions but it was organic, nowadays we have a generation or two that don't know anything bar being led by THEM *****.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

Most of us on here are of a certain vintage, let's not pretend Hillsborough has been atmospheric bar the odd memorable occasions but it was organic, nowadays we have a generation or two that don't know anything bar being led by THEM *****.

The myth is that in the past it was great. As you say there were days, more likely evenings it was top drawer, but they were an exception

Maybe it's rose tinted specs time but one of the things I remember and what helped to hook me, was hearing the crowd singing as you walked to the ground.
Way before kick off. And no deafening music playing over the speakers or forced sing-a-long Hi-Ho Sheffield Wednesday. Players would just run out to their respective ends to the roar of the crowd.

Think the loud music before kick off doesn't help atmosphere as that's all you can hear for 5 minutes or so and then it just gets cut as the game kicks off, leaving a kind of void awkward silence.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Internet said:

Maybe it's rose tinted specs time but one of the things I remember and what helped to hook me, was hearing the crowd singing as you walked to the ground.
Way before kick off. And no deafening music playing over the speakers or forced sing-a-long Hi-Ho Sheffield Wednesday. Players would just run out to their respective ends to the roar of the crowd.

Think the loud music before kick off doesn't help atmosphere as that's all you can hear for 5 minutes or so and then it just gets cut as the game kicks off, leaving a kind of void awkward silence.

Atmosphere starts for me with Wednesday chant too good to be true and hey Jude 

On 14/04/2023 at 19:45, Reesh said:

Cos the band murdered the atmosphere 

They are completely to blame for our demise. When they turned up it was under Tricky. Europe, tipped for the title, Waddle, Walker, Now where are we? Jonah's the lot of em.

Rugby, Boxing or England at the same time and they're gone. Why the fuck are we still putting up with these wankers at the club? 

They have killed the atmosphere, moved my season ticket from the Kop that I'd had for years as they were ruining my tabs. 

Edited by Ozzie

3 hours ago, Ozzie said:

They are completely to blame for our demise. When they turned up it was under Tricky. Europe, tipped for the title, Waddle, Walker, Now where are we? Jonah's the lot of em.

Rugby, Boxing or England at the same time and they're gone. Why the fuck are we still putting up with these wankers at the club? 

They have killed the atmosphere, moved my season ticket from the Kop that I'd had for years as they were ruining my tabs. 

I moved from the Kop cos of them.

I must confess I’m waiting to see what happens tomorrow night before deciding whether to go on Saturday. 
Really feel bad saying that but I don’t fancy the 300 mile round trip if we continue to bottle it and the crowd get restless (which I totally understand atm)

4 hours ago, Chelters said:

I must confess I’m waiting to see what happens tomorrow night before deciding whether to go on Saturday. 
Really feel bad saying that but I don’t fancy the 300 mile round trip if we continue to bottle it and the crowd get restless (which I totally understand atm)

So am I, and I have ticket and am only about 8 miles away