Contract renewals….

HoylandOwl

11 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Do you understand how contract extension triggers work? We don’t have a choice ffs and even if we did a new contract is tight irrespective of division 

We do have a choice if it's stipulated it's a club option only. New enhancements and stipulations can be inserted at time of trigger but can't detract from the original contract. We can't trigger on lower wages, for example. 

If we choose not to exercise the trigger then it's usually written in that some form of remuneration will cover the lack of trigger. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 15 listed in the article are:

Adenerin

Brown

Byers

Dele Bashiru

Galvin

Gregory

Hunt

Iorfa

Johnson

Palmer

Paterson

Stockdale

Windass

Plus expired loans of Flint and James

Has all the uncertainty been part of the drop off in form ?  7 of the starting 11 on Saturday are potentially not here next season.  Does this affect the mindset ?  Hopefully not as we would not currently be top of the league.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

There are some on that list that, in their minds, know a new contract isn't forthcoming. There's some that won't want to be here, some that others will hope to tempt away, and others that hope we offer something. 

I think we have extension options on Palmer, Byers, Gregory and Windass. 

From the list I would say that Adeniran, Brown, Dele Bashiru, Galvin, Hunt and Stockdale are gone regardless of division. 

If as Ty says we have options on Palmer, Gregory, Byers and Windass then fair enough, happy for them all to stay. 

Paterson I would like to keep but probably off elsewhere. 

Unsure on Johnson and Iorfa but expect Johnson to be offered another year.

5 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Adenerin - bye

Brown - bye 

Byers - keep

Dele Bashiru - could go now for me

Galvin - mixed feelings, might be worth a gamble 

Gregory - keep 

Hunt - like him but he’s not lived up to expectations, so bye

Iorfa - I’ll have a heart attack if he stays - bye

Johnson - think he’s done just about enough to stay

Palmer - versatile - keep

Paterson - versatile - keep

Stockdale - bye

Windass - keep

Would like to keep James if possible.

If we don’t go up I’d like to keep Flint, if we do then we need to look for better.

So it’s a rebuilding job this summer no matter what league we are in. We have to get some younger blood in the squad and we need to have a real look at the impact of our under-23 set up etc, as we just not getting enough young players making it through to the first team. This is one area where unfortunately the pigs (and even the likes of Barnsley) are in front of us.

That being said, he definitely has it in him to get them up. All teams have a blip but hopefully we can scrape enough points to stay in the top 2. 

Having looked back through the list, here's what I'd do regardless of what league we're in.

Adenerin, Brown, Dele-Bashiru, Gregory, Hunt, and Paterson can all leave.

Byers, Johnson, and Iorfa can stay, Palmer definitely should stay. If Stockdale is happy in the area then I'd keep him on as a coach. 

Windass could go either way. If he's fit and his heads in the right place then keep him, but he's often injured and a bit of a circus. Like an average Forestieri

Definitely keep Windass and Byers. I like Gregory, but if promoted he wouldn't /shouldn't be a regular and he won't stay to be a squad player. 

I'd like Stockdale to stay on coaching staff. The rest I can't say I'm that bothered about

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2023 at 09:56, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Adenerin

Brown

Byers

Dele Bashiru

Galvin

Gregory

Hunt

Iorfa

Johnson

Palmer

Paterson

Stockdale

Windass

Plus expired loans of Flint and James

Has all the uncertainty been part of the drop off in form ?  7 of the starting 11 on Saturday are potentially not here next season.  Does this affect the mindset ?  Hopefully not as we would not currently be top of the league.

The only ones who get contracts are:

Byers, Johnson, Palmer, Paterson, Windass.

I’d try and sign Reece James.

The rest can go. For the record, I think we’ll lose Paterson and Windass.

47 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

The only ones who get contracts are:

Byers, Johnson, Palmer, Paterson, Windass.

I’d try and sign Reece James.

The rest can go. For the record, I think we’ll lose Paterson and Windass.

Would probably go with that.  

Reports that we have addtional one year options already on Byers, Windass and Gregory.