Out of contract in the summer....

HoylandOwl

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

According to this from The Star, there are 10 players out of contract soon.

David Stockdale, Marvin Johnson, Liam Palmer, Jack Hunt, Dennis Adeniran, Dom Iorfa, Jaden Brown, Fiasko Dele-Bashiru, Callum Paterson and Lee Gregory..

Go on then, who do we keep, if any and why?

FDB and Paterson will be on their way. 

On the keeper front. Dawson needs to take a look at Wildsmith and leave. If he did then I'd keep Stockdale as reserve and find a new first choice.

Hunt, Brown and Palmer can go. Iorfa can have a year to make the right back role his again (which is what we brought him in for)

Lee Gregory can go as well. We've got Smith on a longer contract and I don't think Lee's been totally in it since the pre season Derby rumours. I'd also look to cash in on Windass and build a front line that's quicker and more mobile. 

Johnson I'd keep, if we played more to his strengths. 

More than anything, whoever is in charge needs to clear idea of how we're going to set up and buy players to fit the system. Not bring in what's available and then try and work them into a way of playing 

Edited by Tylluan

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

On the keeper front. Dawson needs to take a look at Wildsmith and leave. If he did then I'd keep Stockdale as reserve and find a new first choice.

Hunt, Brown and Palmer can go. Iorfa can have a year to make the right back role his again (which is what we brought him in for)

Lee Gregory can go as well. We've got Smith on a longer contract and I don't think Lee's been totally in it since the pre season Derby rumours. I'd also look to cash in on Windass and build a front line that's quicker and more mobile. 

More than anything, whoever is in charge needs to clear idea of how we're going to set up and buy players to fit the system. Not bring in what's available and then try and work them into a way of playing 

Can't argue with any of that. Gregory is a good player, no question, especially at this level but he's not been anything like this season, with odd exception. 

Stockdale is a difficult one. I wasn’t his biggest fan, but he is clearly good in dressing room and is possibly best passer of ball in our defence........which says a lot. He's not going to stay as a reserve. Wonder if be interested in being on coaching staff?

Marv? Mmmm can't make mind up with him. At times great left foot as you say play him in right position tell him to get it out of his feet and deliver. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

That's fair enough, but as much as folks give him stick, Palmer has been relatively consistent this year and I'd give him another year.

Stockdale I think may stay as backup, let's be honest at 37/38 is he going to get anything like a year with us? And he's been good IMO despite early misgivings.