Taming of the Shrews.....match thread.

Reesh

We've managed just one League win ever over Shrewsbury and just one win of any kind in the last 40 years competitively.

They've sold over 700 so far.

Ref is Andy Woolmer.

Last season Wee Baz missed a penalty at 1-0 that should have sealed the game, obviously we drew. Be grateful he's no longer on pens.

14 minutes ago, Reesh said:

We've managed just one League win ever over Shrewsbury and just one win of any kind in the last 40 years competitively.

They've sold over 700 so far.

Ref is Andy Woolmer.

Last season Wee Baz missed a penalty at 1-0 that should have sealed the game, obviously we drew. Be grateful he's no longer on pens.

New title 

The shaming at the Shrews 

25 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Them and Oxford: I spent most of the 1970s hiding behind the wardrobe!   😱

(Results, not fans.)  Bloody nighmares.   😬

I'll take our penalties on Saturday if need be!

Last thing we need against them is 22 minutes additional time

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Them and Oxford: I spent most of the 1970s hiding behind the wardrobe!   😱

(Results, not fans.)  Bloody nighmares.   😬

I'll take our penalties on Saturday if need be!

The only positive memory of playing Oxford is when we scored late on to end that very long sequence of “Sheffield Wednesday nil”s in ‘75.

Even then, it only made it 1-1.

I’m not the superstitious type.  The idea that one club can somehow be another’s “bogey” team, over the decades, despite countless changes of personnel, well it’s just completely bloody illogical.  Having said that, our record against these Salopian ***** is very bloody annoying.  In the 84 promotion season we win 4-2 at home against a Newcastle side with Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley.   Next home game we draw 1-1 with Shrewsbury.  In Carlos’ first season we beat Arsenal 3-0 in the League Cup, then a few months later we get giant killed in the FA Cup…by guess fucking who.

Time to bury this shit and give them a proper hammering.

• Like 2

That first half felt like it was a training match of attack v defence. 

We could really get in behind this side and cause them all sorts of problems if we run down the wings. Someone has to be put on that right side as well given Mighten and James are working well on the left. It looks like its Iorfa all on his own. 

• Like 1