National League Team Locations

Was talking to a Scunny fan yesterday who goes to every game and was saying how southern biased the division was in terms of location and the miles he has to cover.

Over half the Division are South of London and beyond.  I got thinking how many miles they cover, so I got Google Maps on the case - yes I was bored and turns out for 23 away games round trips for Gateshead have round trips of 11,184 miles (Ground to Ground).

Big hitters milage wise are:

Torquay 770
Eastleigh 692
Yeovil 654
Maidstone 618
Dorking 614
Aldershot 610
Bromley 604
Southend 596
Woking 590
Dagenham 572
Maidenhead 566
Wealdstone 560
Barnet 532
Borehamwood 526

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

There was talk, at the beginning of the recent pyramid restructure planning stage, of combining League 2 and National into a North South so there was a natural flow through the pyramid and clubs across both could cut down on travel expenditure. The majority of clubs in both divisions (and National North and South) at the time were up for it but the relevant governing bodies shat on it big time. League 2 clubs tried to get it to the membership vote but couldn't get any momentum. 

4 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

There was talk, at the beginning of the recent pyramid restructure planning stage, of combining League 2 and National into a North South so there was a natural flow through the pyramid and clubs across both could cut down on travel expenditure. The majority of clubs in both divisions (and National North and South) at the time were up for it but the relevant governing bodies shat on it big time. League 2 clubs tried to get it to the membership vote but couldn't get any momentum. 

Some clubs seem to flip between NLN and NLS I've noticed, Brackley springs to mind.