England International Cricket ODIs/T20s

Reesh

Cracking series going off in the men's T20, England over in Pakistan for the first time since 2005, playing 7 T20s in preparation for the world cup next month.

4th game tomorrow,  England leading 2-1.

In the women's ODIs the Indian team completed a 3 nil series win but today's win was controversial as with England 9 down and needing 13 to win the final wicket was taken by a Mankad

In the men's I think it's excellent having Alex Hales back in the side, one of the world's best white ball batsmen, fantastic striker of the ball, I always thought Morgan was one of the best captains I've ever seen but thought he got it wrong with Hales and the indefinite ban ended up cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Great to see Harry Brook fulfilling his potential at international level, his innings Friday night was stunning and included some beautiful cricket strokes, showing it's not all about whack it and bash it.

Regarding the women's game, India had been too good for England throughout the series but what a horrible way to both lose a game and to win a game, I'd be interested to know if the bowler had previously warned the batter about her backing up, if so I've got no problem with the Mankadding but if she's just done it without prior warning I think it's poor sportsmanship and not in the spirit of the game.

6 hours ago, Fat Eric said:

Regarding the women's game, India had been too good for England throughout the series but what a horrible way to both lose a game and to win a game, I'd be interested to know if the bowler had previously warned the batter about her backing up, if so I've got no problem with the Mankadding but if she's just done it without prior warning I think it's poor sportsmanship and not in the spirit of the game.

I’d agree with you if the batter had been out of her ground as the bowler entered her delivery stride, but the only reason she was out of her ground was because the ball wasn’t bowled and she was looking at the strikers end. She wasn’t trying to gain an advantage. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 09:06, Fat Eric said:

In the men's I think it's excellent having Alex Hales back in the side, one of the world's best white ball batsmen, fantastic striker of the ball, I always thought Morgan was one of the best captains I've ever seen but thought he got it wrong with Hales and the indefinite ban ended up cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Great to see Harry Brook fulfilling his potential at international level, his innings Friday night was stunning and included some beautiful cricket strokes, showing it's not all about whack it and bash it.

Was a ***** trick by the Indian bowler, though I am rarely surprised at the depths that some nations will stoop to to win a game

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Yesterdays T20 was a complete "doing a Wednesday" by England, no way they should have lost that game

Good game to watch though, England seemed to be in control, then look completely out of it before getting control back, only to lose it again, I like low scoring contests, always more tension and drama than when one side gets hammered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

Was a ***** trick by the Indian bowler, though I am rarely surprised at the depths that some nations will stoop to to win a game

Indian women saying they warned her, Heather Knight saying they're lying, I know who I believe.

Wasn't it the Indian men's team that did the same thing to Buttler?

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Skamp said:

I don't know much about cricket but doesn't D&L generally favour the second team to bat. 

40 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Not really.

Memory might have gone the same way as my football one, but...

I thought they found out it did, but then made adjustments to even it up.

Going into the last round of fixtures - England sit in 2nd place.

Fixtures remaining are

England vs Sri Lanka 

Australia vs Afghanistan 

NZ vs Ireland 

we must beat Sri Lanka and hope that our RR doesn't deteriorate as that is what is keeping us in 2nd place, I can't see Afghanistan or Ireland causing an upset against Australia or NZ but saying that, I never expected Ireland to beat England - Cricket can be a funny old game.....

Screenshot_20221102-125444_Flashscore.jpg

Arguably, that should have been a bigger victory had Moeen took the simple catch he dropped. Once you got Neesham and Mitchell out, it was game over.

But as many are saying here, Operation "Eliminate Australia" was executed to perfection 😄

Edited by Kiwi Owl
  • Haha 1

Got there in the end.  Sri Lanka looked at least 20 runs short.  Majestic from Buttler and Hales, and England looked like they were making mincemeat of the total.  Nervy and scratchy from everyone below three.  Maybe they’ll relax and bat more fluently in the semi now that the kind of minimum target has been achieved.

Netherlands have caused a massive upset by beating South Africa by 13 runs! I weren't expecting that result!

In the following game, Pakistan went onto beat Bangladesh by 5 wickets which has seen them pip South Africa and book a place in the Semi Finals of the 20/20 World Cup.

Currently India are playing Zimbabwe,  Zimbabwe need 187 runs to win, they are currently 14/2.

Edited by owl4ever1867

As the Aussies have been knocked out both Cricket Australia and the ICC are hoping for an India Pakistan final. 

Both institutions want the TV spectacle (and ticket receipts) from a packed and vociferous MCG. The Aussies don't want New Zealand or England to win it on their soil and the ICC is massively weighted towards the BCCI anyway. 

13 hours ago, Reesh said:

I don't think England expected to be playing India and it is a tough tie but they are the best team and haven't played near their top level yet and I can see that happening these next 2 matches.

Let's hope so Reesh,

Brooks is in need of a decent score, get his confidence back up.

Don't like cricket anymore 😄

Yesterday was one of those days where you just have to put your hand up and say, you were comprehensively outplayed by the opposition.

Their fielding was excellent, bowling was excellent and their two openers finally found their form just at the right time. 

If they play like that in the final, they should comfortably beat India. If its England, it'll be a cracker of a final

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

In the 2nd Semi Final 

India are batting first and have just completed their 20 overs.

They made 168/6

England require 169 runs to win to make the 20/20 Final.

England conceded 68 runs in the final five overs.

The final three went for 47.

Big task ahead imo.

Good call

It's 1992 all over again. Different score this time please 

Tonight showed why England are the best T20 team in the world. Rashid was outstanding again with the ball on that pitch. The openers just blew Indias bowling attack away.

Not many sides comprehensively outplay India like that. 

• Like 1