‘Celebrity’ Owls fans….

HoylandOwl

• HoylandOwl changed the title to ‘Celebrity’ Owl’s fans….
  • HoylandOwl changed the title to ‘Celebrity’ Owls fans….

Every time we have a chance of getting to a final or league honours they come crawling out of the woodwork. The ones mentioned in the article we know about, especially Self Esteem. I guess it would happen to any club not in the elite class who have a chance of getting to Wembley. Did any come out to admitting supporting Leicester when they won the Prem?

56 minutes ago, bricat said:

Every time we have a chance of getting to a final or league honours they come crawling out of the woodwork. The ones mentioned in the article we know about, especially Self Esteem. I guess it would happen to any club not in the elite class who have a chance of getting to Wembley. Did any come out to admitting supporting Leicester when they won the Prem?

You do talk some shite.

She has followed us for years.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JBO said:

You do talk some shite.

She has followed us for years.

I think that's what Bri meant, along with the ones mentioned in the article. But whenever we've been anywhere near success then Vaughan and the like have turned up at Hillsborough. Least we didn't name a stand after him like the pigs did with Ennis. 

On 20/09/2022 at 16:31, Tylluan said:

I think that's what Bri meant, along with the ones mentioned in the article. But whenever we've been anywhere near success then Vaughan and the like have turned up at Hillsborough. Least we didn't name a stand after him like the pigs did with Ennis. 

I know she has, it wasn't a dig at her at all, just that we had Paul Shane and a host of others chipping in out of the blue when we showed we were on the edge of winning something. We are aware that Alex Turner, David Blunkett, Jarvis Cocker ,Thomas Craig, Roy Hattersley, Richard Hawley, Jermaine Jackson,Jon McClure, Michael Vaughan. have all supported us and a bloke from Eastenders whose name I have forgotten.

2 hours ago, bricat said:

I know she has, it wasn't a dig at her at all, just that we had Paul Shane and a host of others chipping in out of the blue when we showed we were on the edge of winning something. We are aware that Alex Turner, David Blunkett, Jarvis Cocker ,Thomas Craig, Roy Hattersley, Richard Hawley, Jermaine Jackson,Jon McClure, Michael Vaughan. have all supported us and a bloke from Eastenders whose name I have forgotten.

Geezer that played Tricky Dicky wasn't it. Surname Reddington or something similar I recall

7 minutes ago, PP2 said:

Good spot, remember him well. He collected the rents on the market IIRC, not that I was a big fan of Eastenders. He is apparently 65 tomorrow so happy birthday to Ian Reddington. Sang a few songs about the Owls as well, great stuff.

All was going well, and then they had to say he was born in Walkley where we all know that humans aren't born in Walkley, they are........ well, let's just leave it there.😂😂😂

Can't help yourself can you.

I followed Mr. Reddington up some internal stairs at the old Wembley, back when it was our home from home back in the early nineteen nineties.  (And no, I wasn't stalking him.)   Somebody shouted something, I think, and he must have thought it was me as I got a smile and a nod.  I had to ask who it was.  🙄

Had a chat with another actor Wednesday fan at a game at Bournemouth once, Thomas Craig. In my case, more like a listen as most of the chat was by one of two posters on here at the time.  

Just now, Owling_Wolf said:

I followed Mr. Reddington up some internal stairs at the old Wembley, back when it was our home from home back in the early nineteen nineties.  (And no, I wasn't stalking him.)   Somebody shouted something, I think, and he must have thought it was me as I got a smile and a nod.  I had to ask who it was.  🙄

Had a chat with another actor Wednesday fan at a game at Bournemouth once, Thomas Craig. In my case, more like a listen as most of the chat was by one of two posters on here at the time.  

Good lad is Tommy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

It’s a praise for Sheffield Wednesday…. What a Fa Cup song… He was on it, wasn’t he?

No that was Paul Carrack and for the 91 League Cup final.

Reddington was involved with If It's Wednesday It Must Be Wembley,  the 93 FA Cup final song, along with Martyn Ware off Heaven 17

3 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Tommy Craig is a top fella. Does he still do the away games? I stopped seeing him around 2012.

Just to confirm, we aren’t putting Drake on the list are we? The OVO brand imitates the Owl, but that’s it.

Doesn't Tommy spend a lot of his time in Canada now? Filming that detective TV show?

And isn't Drake Canadian?

Just putting the pieces together 

Haven't noticed it being mentioned yet but the singer bloke in the Thompson Twins was supposedly an Owl.  Certainly their hit, 'You take me up' got re-recorded as 'We are the Owls': "We are the Owls of Sheffield,  Sheff-i-eld Wens-dy!"  I remember that blaring out at Hillsborough during Wilko's reign.  

In his prior life he'd been the music teacher at my mate's school in the Handsworth area. 

5 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Haven't noticed it being mentioned yet but the singer bloke in the Thompson Twins was supposedly an Owl.  Certainly their hit, 'You take me up' got re-recorded as 'We are the Owls': "We are the Owls of Sheffield,  Sheff-i-eld Wens-dy!"  I remember that blaring out at Hillsborough during Wilko's reign.  

In his prior life he'd been the music teacher at my mate's school in the Handsworth area. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bailey_(musician)

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Looked into this when I was planning a fanzine article (which I don’t think I ever ended up writing), and I don’t think he was.

He was from Chesterfield and the only mention of football I could find (other than that Wednesday single) was a early quote from him pretty much saying he didn’t like football.

24 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I used to love hearing that.