Very professional job done by Wednesday tonight, that game in the past we go on & lose.

Bannan, simply superb tonight, ran the show, deserved a goal, hopefully that will kick start him & the team.

My only grumble was Mighten who I thought was awful tbh, didn't look like he was going to beat his man all night & when he did he didn't go on & get the ball into the middle, trying to show off too much maybe?

On a whole, I enjoyed that tonight, gives the lads confidence going into a huge game on Saturday at S6 vs Ipswich 

Well done to Moore with the change in shape. The quality of ball from Mighten and James was not great. Johnson came in and put three or four quality balls in that forced Morecambe to rush clearances and scramble. And Dele gave a different option as a 10 in that he’s all pace and power.

Fully deserved win, some good displays today. Bannan outstanding, Byers good, Smith good, Windass good, Palmer good. Dele and Johnson had a positive impact as subs. I thought Reece James was decent too.

Important win, and in the end a very comfortable one too.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Well done to Moore with the change in shape. The quality of ball from Mighten and James was not great. Johnson came in and put three or four quality balls in that forced Morecambe to rush clearances and scramble. And Dele gave a different option as a 10 in that he’s all pace and power.

Fully deserved win, some good displays today. Bannan outstanding, Byers good, Smith good, Windass good, Palmer good. Dele and Johnson had a positive impact as subs. I thought Reece James was decent too.

Important win, and in the end a very comfortable one too.

Though ironically it was the shift to 3 5 2 that brought the goals. 

Dele Bashiru was the turning point.

Yes we were very comfortable and it was pretty much defence against attack but he just gets us in to the opponents penalty area much quicker and causes mayhem.

We should be winning games like that and often we haven’t. Well done boys, a job well done in the end.

35 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The key aspect for me, going 1 up and not stopping going for the next goal.

Last 10 mins were a stroll at 3 up, as opposed to inviting pressure and risking an equaliser

The actual crucial factor was me going for a pee second half at 0-0.  🙄

I'm available for OwlsOnliners to sponsor and promise to invest it in more beer. You know it makes sense.

Btw, kudos to Byers for kindly illustrating the goal I'd missed.  🙂👍

• Haha 1

At half time it was a bit of a case of “What do you think of it so far?  Rubbish”.  I agree Mighten’s done very little to convince me he deserves a place in the starting line up.  Our balls into the box definitely improved when James’ short fat hairy legs were replaced with Marv.