Martin Tyler

Beaconowl

What I don't get is that he has clarified what he said and believes, apologised if there was any misunderstanding how his comments came across presumably in a spoken interview where a metaphorical comma changes the whole meaning and yet the rent a mob still have to bay for blood 

Expect him to be cancelled by Sky any time soon 

I actually despair the way this country now functions on such matters 

Hillsborough was not directly caused by hooliganism on the day itself - but if we are re-writing history to say hooliganism of the preceeding 20 years was not instrumental in creating many of the factors that came together that day I am lost for words. Fences were only up due to hooliganism, football was policed on the basis there was trouble brewing not on public safety. 

• Like 3

The events of that day, the emergency response, the Taylor Report, the Coroner’s Inquest, and multiple subsequent investigations, have all been discussed at great length on here, and I can’t be arsed with going over it all again.  

I do find this seemingly relentless tide of brainless virtue signalling, that seems to dominate public discussion these days, both hilarious and very fucking tedious at the same time.  “The Hillsborough disaster had nothing whatsoever to do with hooliganism”.  Yep, the perimeter fences, the pens on the Lep, and the closure of the North Stand turnstiles on Penistone Road for segregation reasons…all of those were done for a giggle.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, owl71 said:

The events of that day, the emergency response, the Taylor Report, the Coroner’s Inquest, and multiple subsequent investigations, have all been discussed at great length on here, and I can’t be arsed with going over it all again.  

I do find this seemingly relentless tide of brainless virtue signalling, that seems to dominate public discussion these days, both hilarious and very fucking tedious at the same time.  “The Hillsborough disaster had nothing whatsoever to do with hooliganism”.  Yep, the perimeter fences, the pens on the Lep, and the closure of the North Stand turnstiles on Penistone Road for segregation reasons…all of those were done for a giggle.

I will pick up on your point about the world of social media. 

It is a very easy to comment on matters you don't fully understand, but more you can comment negatively on things you probably don't really give a fuck about. I know I am guilty. 

Personally speaking I am trying to curb that process. If people like something do I need to say its shit. Do I need to comment on the stories that appear that are specifically designed to stir the pot eg woman with 9 kids can't afford a new iPhone type thing.

Being banned from Stalk was a blessing because you realised the wormholes you disappeared into, arguing for the sake of it. 

• Like 3

The castigation of Tyler on Twitter by Liverpool fans is beyond ridiculous, and taking a look at the those throwing the bile about, it’s predominantly by fans who weren’t alive when Hillsborough happened. The ones who perhaps see through the error Tyler made are ones who were around at that time.

And let’s be clear, Hillsborough did happen as a direct result of Hooligan behaviour, as has been said elsewhere, heavy handed policing, perimeter fencing, pens etc was all due to the behaviour of football fans, including Liverpool fans in previous years.

What Tyler was trying to say was just that. He just didn’t put they pause in the right place.

47 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

The castigation of Tyler on Twitter by Liverpool fans is beyond ridiculous, and taking a look at the those throwing the bile about, it’s predominantly by fans who weren’t alive when Hillsborough happened. The ones who perhaps see through the error Tyler made are ones who were around at that time.

And let’s be clear, Hillsborough did happen as a direct result of Hooligan behaviour, as has been said elsewhere, heavy handed policing, perimeter fencing, pens etc was all due to the behaviour of football fans, including Liverpool fans in previous years.

What Tyler was trying to say was just that. He just didn’t put they pause in the right place.

Those who win history write history