Hutch speaks after joining Reading

Quotes from The Reading Chronicle

"It’s a nice homecoming," he beamed. "I’m from Windsor so I used to pop down here when I wasn’t playing and watch when I was a kid. I’ve had friends that have come here, and I scored here on my 30th birthday so it’s always good memories.

"I’m delighted. It took a while to get over the line, but I knew I was staying so it was nice. Everyone has treated me really well; I couldn’t thank everyone enough."

"It’s a challenge, and I will never shy away from a challenge. To be successful at this club this year, to stay up and be part of something and together in that dressing room, my character is good for that. It’s important we all stick together at the club; it’s going to be a tough season, but we’ll try our hardest day in day out.

"Nothing fazes me, I just wanted to play football in an environment that was comfortable and near my children. If you would have asked me when I left Sheffield Wednesday where I would want to go, it would’ve been Reading. I can’t speak highly enough of the club."

Not sure I believe the last line..... But good luck to him. 

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Quotes from The Reading Chronicle

"It’s a nice homecoming," he beamed. "I’m from Windsor so I used to pop down here when I wasn’t playing and watch when I was a kid. I’ve had friends that have come here, and I scored here on my 30th birthday so it’s always good memories.

"I’m delighted. It took a while to get over the line, but I knew I was staying so it was nice. Everyone has treated me really well; I couldn’t thank everyone enough."

"It’s a challenge, and I will never shy away from a challenge. To be successful at this club this year, to stay up and be part of something and together in that dressing room, my character is good for that. It’s important we all stick together at the club; it’s going to be a tough season, but we’ll try our hardest day in day out.

"Nothing fazes me, I just wanted to play football in an environment that was comfortable and near my children. If you would have asked me when I left Sheffield Wednesday where I would want to go, it would’ve been Reading. I can’t speak highly enough of the club."

Not sure I believe the last line..... But good luck to him. 

Reading or QPR were always his preference mate given his family are now Berkshire based once again. Will probably get a job coaching kids at Chelsea when he's finished playing

2 hours ago, Chelters said:

Reading are still under embargo so having to cobble a squad together. Their fans are expecting a bad season by all accounts.

And Paul Ince is in charge.

Ah right, cheers. I’d noticed they’d had a lot of trialists in.