Chris Kirkland

An absolute top bloke. I remember my little boy asking him for autograph, and he went out of his way to spend time with him. A genuine fella. I still get angry when I think of that Leeds idiot who came on pitch. 

I suspect that really upset him badly. As it would. 

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

An absolute top bloke. I remember my little boy asking him for autograph, and he went out of his way to spend time with him. A genuine fella. I still get angry when I think of that Leeds idiot who came on pitch. 

I suspect that really upset him badly. As it would. 

He was always a gent when I spoke to him for the club interviews, he thanked me for them too after he’d read them. A proper gent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bricat said:

I agree with the above posts. Wankbucket Warnock pissed me off when he commented on the Leeds incident about Kirkland fell like a bag of cement (or words to that effect)

Rich from him who drilled that ethic into all his teams.

And now Warnock is reduced to being a ‘social media star’

Have a listen to the Under the Cosh episode with Chris Kirkland about the Leeds incident.

Warncock initially comes out looking like a troublemaker and then a bit of a coward when Kirkland puts it on him. But, apologies a few days later. But what is most shocking is that Leeds fans blame Kirkland for being attacked. He was getting death threats, the police advised the club not to play him, even on the day of the game, the police felt there was a threat to his life and actually put two armed but undercover officers behind the goal he was defending. He was even told to be careful when retrieving the ball from the crowd!

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

Have a listen to the Under the Cosh episode with Chris Kirkland about the Leeds incident.

Warncock initially comes out looking like a troublemaker and then a bit of a coward when Kirkland puts it on him. But, apologies a few days later. But what is most shocking is that Leeds fans blame Kirkland for being attacked. He was getting death threats, the police advised the club not to play him, even on the day of the game, the police felt there was a threat to his life and actually put two armed but undercover officers behind the goal he was defending. He was even told to be careful when retrieving the ball from the crowd!

Well. Those undercover cops did a great job. 😒

Sounds like he's had a reyt tough time with a lot of suffering poor bloke. Really glad he's sorting things out and on the road to recovery! It will have helped a lot of people that interview.

Considering the very dark problems he was going through during his time with us it's pretty incredible some of the top performances he managed on the pitch!