Jump to content

Chris Kirkland


Recommended Posts

An absolute top bloke. I remember my little boy asking him for autograph, and he went out of his way to spend time with him. A genuine fella. I still get angry when I think of that Leeds idiot who came on pitch. 

I suspect that really upset him badly. As it would. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

An absolute top bloke. I remember my little boy asking him for autograph, and he went out of his way to spend time with him. A genuine fella. I still get angry when I think of that Leeds idiot who came on pitch. 

I suspect that really upset him badly. As it would. 

He was always a gent when I spoke to him for the club interviews, he thanked me for them too after he’d read them. A proper gent.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the above posts. Wankbucket Warnock pissed me off when he commented on the Leeds incident about Kirkland fell like a bag of cement (or words to that effect)

Rich from him who drilled that ethic into all his teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bricat said:

I agree with the above posts. Wankbucket Warnock pissed me off when he commented on the Leeds incident about Kirkland fell like a bag of cement (or words to that effect)

Rich from him who drilled that ethic into all his teams.

And now Warnock is reduced to being a ‘social media star’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have a listen to the Under the Cosh episode with Chris Kirkland about the Leeds incident.

Warncock initially comes out looking like a troublemaker and then a bit of a coward when Kirkland puts it on him. But, apologies a few days later. But what is most shocking is that Leeds fans blame Kirkland for being attacked. He was getting death threats, the police advised the club not to play him, even on the day of the game, the police felt there was a threat to his life and actually put two armed but undercover officers behind the goal he was defending. He was even told to be careful when retrieving the ball from the crowd!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

Have a listen to the Under the Cosh episode with Chris Kirkland about the Leeds incident.

Warncock initially comes out looking like a troublemaker and then a bit of a coward when Kirkland puts it on him. But, apologies a few days later. But what is most shocking is that Leeds fans blame Kirkland for being attacked. He was getting death threats, the police advised the club not to play him, even on the day of the game, the police felt there was a threat to his life and actually put two armed but undercover officers behind the goal he was defending. He was even told to be careful when retrieving the ball from the crowd!

Well. Those undercover cops did a great job. 😒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like he's had a reyt tough time with a lot of suffering poor bloke. Really glad he's sorting things out and on the road to recovery! It will have helped a lot of people that interview.

Considering the very dark problems he was going through during his time with us it's pretty incredible some of the top performances he managed on the pitch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...