Looks like they will be sharing Champions League rights with BT from 2024, with highlights on the BBC.

I accept that streaming will be the future but let's be honest there are currently issues with time lag, picture quality and robustness of the connection.

I just hope either the quality improves or they can have an Amazon TV channel at least. I mean Ifollow is a decent add on service but I got a better pic in 1987 on a black and white portable

The laugh in all this is many were delighted when Sky's monopoly was ended - though given you in theory have to pay 3 subs to get the same content as a result means it was a hollow victory

And yes I know Firesticks can be acquired but streaming always seems a lottery as to whether it works or not 

It has ended up being a lot more expensive than its ever been I agree.

On the positive, its relatively easy to demand BT sport is provided with your Sky subscription when you threaten to leave, ok they discount their own product to achieve this but its still discounted nonetheless. 

Amazon prime is worth having anyway if you buy lots if stuff of them plus it gives you access to a stack of music as well, downside being they might consider charging extra like they do for the extra music content.

My firestick is fairly reliable, he say with fingers crossed, with just the occasional blip but the lag is awful.  You have to stay away from here and disable score updates to watch a Wednesday match. 

That’s the thing with most internet enabled TV services that the delay from live to broadcast is evident. 

I can’t see it changing too much either.

Amazon’s coverage has been quite good in the sense of the comms/presentation IMO, however, the costs are crazy now.

I can’t stand Sky anymore; their overhyping of games, constant rescheduling at the drop of a hat, and the cost of it are ridiculous. And that’s before BT/Amazon etc. 

The argument for it being across many platforms is that it opens up live sport to more people because not everyone has all the options, or can afford them all, and Amazon is arguably the cheapest of them all (minus discounts). But in reality most football fans want access to them all, which makes it expensive. 

I think we’re getting to the point where each club will be showing their games live on an ifollow type service for all, as well as there being a sky sports/general sports service. 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Looks like they will be sharing Champions League rights with BT from 2024, with highlights on the BBC.

I accept that streaming will be the future but let's be honest there are currently issues with time lag, picture quality and robustness of the connection.

I just hope either the quality improves or they can have an Amazon TV channel at least. I mean Ifollow is a decent add on service but I got a better pic in 1987 on a black and white portable

The laugh in all this is many were delighted when Sky's monopoly was ended - though given you in theory have to pay 3 subs to get the same content as a result means it was a hollow victory

And yes I know Firesticks can be acquired but streaming always seems a lottery as to whether it works or not 

None of those issues here, streaming from direct source is always great.

My firestick can get a bit behid but when you think of what happens between the match happening, the broadcasting, prciessing through servers etc until t ends with me watching it it's bound to be a good 45-60 seconds behind

Let's not take our eye off the overall business plan, though. Enter a market, do whatever is necessary to get a major market share, cause 'the opposition' to find their own efforts uneconomical and eventually cut back / shut down, leaving Amazon as the or a market leader. At the same time make Prime membership as easy to slip into as possible and as unpleasant and time consuming as possible to get out of as possible.

It worked in the high street and shopping centres. Now they're trying to take on the supermarkets for grocery deliveries.  Football? Just another commodity to swallow up. 

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Let's not take our eye off the overall business plan, though. Enter a market, do whatever is necessary to get a major market share, cause 'the opposition' to find their own efforts uneconomical and eventually cut back / shut down, leaving Amazon as the or a market leader. At the same time make Prime membership as easy to slip into as possible and as unpleasant and time consuming as possible to get out of as possible.

It worked in the high street and shopping centres. Now they're trying to take on the supermarkets for grocery deliveries.  Football? Just another commodity to swallow up. 

Amazon Prime is superb.

3 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

If you want sufficient of its produce, obviously.  And don't mind being eventually left with little competition to keep the price down. 

I like choice and having things delivered to me rather than traipse to the shops, sue me.