Bannan nibbled back at a fan on Twitter

Here's the comment....

“Love you but sadly not good enough @bazzabannan25 for what we’re paying you your flashes of brilliance are too fleeting, we need stand out performances like MK to be the majority not the minority, we go again but need you at it from the start next season all the way through #swfc”

Here's his reply....

“What’s ur problem mate honestly all season you been talking crap towards me and speaking about wages and making out im on a fortune are you my agent or summit that you know what I’m on ???”

Fair play for sticking up for himself, there are some right belters online right now. Some talking about where will the extra 20k fans be come next season, etc etc. 

Sometimes, social media really is a cess pit.

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think the one person disappointed with Bannans contribution over the 2 legs will be Bannan himself 

He does care and he will be frustrated about his lack of influence - but then he did help create the one moment of quality leading to the goal 

It was a beautiful ball to Johnson

43 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

That's possibly been our problem for the last 3 seasons

The difference for me this season though is how he’s played. Yes, granted he SHOULD play better in League One and he has. Less of a hindrance much more of a team player this time around. 

42 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Really find it weird how fans have to tag players in tweets, just have your fucking say under the SWFC hashtag

We have an abundance of "I am..." fans and absolute total wankers too. It's as if they want us to fail.  I've fallen out with one on Twitter twice recently. "I was right and I've been saying it all season!"  Negative arsehole.  🤬

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Here's the comment....

“Love you but sadly not good enough @bazzabannan25 for what we’re paying you your flashes of brilliance are too fleeting, we need stand out performances like MK to be the majority not the minority, we go again but need you at it from the start next season all the way through #swfc”

Here's his reply....

“What’s ur problem mate honestly all season you been talking crap towards me and speaking about wages and making out im on a fortune are you my agent or summit that you know what I’m on ???”

Fair play for sticking up for himself, there are some right belters online right now. Some talking about where will the extra 20k fans be come next season, etc etc. 

I was pissed off with the interviewer probing Baz just after the game about whether he'll be here next season. I hadn't been aware that that was a subject until that point.  So called fans shit stirring  such as the one above risk alienating our top player and us losing him.  Makes me feel like... we'd better not go there.  😡

43 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I was pissed off with the interviewer probing Baz just after the game about whether he'll be here next season. I hadn't been aware that that was a subject until that point.  So called fans shit stirring  such as the one above risk alienating our top player and us losing him.  Makes me feel like... we'd better not go there.  😡

Radio sheffield love doing that.

He should have responded in the same fashion Alex Neil did when asked on Sky "Sunderland dont have a very good record in the play offs" "how are you going to address that?"

To which he replied "thats a really daft question to ask just after we have won" "I am not going to answer it"

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/it-hurts-now-but-well-be-back/

Shortly after the full time whistle on Monday night, Owls captain Barry Bannan – though gutted with the result – took the time to try and sum up our ultimately unsuccessful play-off bid.

Wednesday and Sunderland battled out a close-fought semi-final over two legs but the Owls fell just short at Hillsborough in agonising fashion.

Never one to shy away from duties on or off the field, the skipper offered his thoughts on the game and gave special mention to the Wednesdayites, who created a special atmosphere for the boys.

“It’s hard to take, it’s obviously still so early and I am just gutted really and it’s hard to find the words to sum it up,” Bannan said.

“I’m sure it will sink in over the next few days but it’s hard to take and hard to speak now to tell you how I’m feeling – I’m obviously not feeling great.

“We felt the goal was coming and we spoke about it at half time and we knew if we kept doing what we were doing we would score by getting into dangerous positions.

“We get the goal and the fans, I looked around after the goal and it was amazing, so to let them down was hard to take but they were unbelievable and they didn’t deserve it.

“They deserve to be going to Wembley and having a good day out and to be back in the Championship.

“Fair play to Sunderland, they were good over two legs and did what they needed to do to get into the final. But no matter what is said now, it hurts and will hurt for a while.”

The past two home fixtures, Portsmouth and Sunderland, have seen the Hillsborough crowd rise to the occasion, making S6 a wonderful environment for the players.

Acknowledging the crowd could have done no more, Bannan added: “They gave us everything. It’s hard to say how thankful we are and the boys appreciate everything they have done for us this season.

“They have been fantastic and I can only apologise that we couldn’t get over the line for them and give them that day out at Wembley but we will be back next year and trying hard again for them.”

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I was going on the video Tee posted on the match thread. So that may be another interview. Tbf Rob Staton is a decent journalist and does support Wednesday and Rotherham

Rob did post something on twitter and he did ask that. 
the club media IMO would never ask about contracts unless they knew he was staying so the answer was positive 

23 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I was going on the video Tee posted on the match thread. So that may be another interview. Tbf Rob Staton is a decent journalist and does support Wednesday and Rotherham

He's a bald headed ****

The fact is there will always be the odd idiot out there no matter what. 35k fans emotional and half of them drunk 

if I was a footballer that had just lost a semi final I wouldn’t be going on Twitter for 24 hours or so. Weed the idiots out and let them get it out their system. 

id be amazed if bannan is still with us next season and to be honest I think Moore owes his job to Bannan as without him we’d be mid table with a top budget. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Here's the comment....

Here's his reply....

“ for what we’re paying you” fucking attention seeking, self important, self entitled fucking tard. How the fuck does he know who’s being paid what, trouble is Bannan responding gives the **** the hard on he craves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Not really I'm just more knowledgeable about football than you Bannan fanboys

Eh? I don't think I was commenting on BB I was commenting on the acidity of your commentary.

As for BB he's far from perfect but I think he has come to care about the club. He has been irritating at times in his time here particularly when he was given the freedom by some of the gimps we've had as manager. I think BB has been 100% better since DM has laid down the role he wants from him this season.  He's still been a pain with the corners, let someone else have a go at times, been a captain doesn't mean doing everything all the time. Finally the over flicking at times when a simple pass or lay will do, but he'd be playing higher up I suppose if he didn't have these faults.

Anyway, I'd still have him in my team in L1. 

Am I a fanboy, no, just a football fan that wants to see my team do well and if a properly harnessed BB can do that then great.