We go again

Fuck this season.

We've blindly stumbled from one game to the next, never knowing which team would show up. One who would beat Sunderland 3-0 and one that would lose to Sunderland 5-0 plus plenty in between. 

On to next season. We have to stick with Moore. There's no point in changing every year for changes sake. We've mocked others like QPR who have had a good season but changed manager because they think they should have done better, well we need to do better than that and settle. 

Moore has had some time now, he knows what this league is about now more than ever and he has to, and will do better. 

Tonight is rough. We probably got what the squad deserves which is less than our fans deserve but there's always next season. Onwards and upwards, up the owls! 

• Like 2

Just now, owl71 said:

Next season’s target should be 100 points.  Consistency.  Consistency.  Con-fucking-sistency.

Break Sheffield Uniteds point record

Saying that

I thought having to put up with budget day here was bad enough but just writing that has made me realise we could possibly be playing a cup match against Sheffield United Under 23s next season. That alone is embarrassing! 

5 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Break Sheffield Uniteds point record

Saying that

I thought having to put up with budget day here was bad enough but just writing that has made me realise we could possibly be playing a cup match against Sheffield United Under 23s next season. That alone is embarrassing! 

No we won't. Their academy is only a Cat 2. Gaining promotion won't automatically change the status. You have to be Cat 1 and it's by invitation only to field a 21s team in the Papa John's.

41 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

No we won't. Their academy is only a Cat 2. Gaining promotion won't automatically change the status. You have to be Cat 1 and it's by invitation only to field a 21s team in the Papa John's.

Didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know it wont happen 

7 hours ago, owl71 said:

Next season’s target should be 100 points.  Consistency.  Consistency.  Con-fucking-sistency.

Amen.....!!

Also, add some pace and athleticism.....we're an ageing squad that's getting older!

8 hours ago, Southy_SWFC said:

Fuck this season.

We've blindly stumbled from one game to the next, never knowing which team would show up. One who would beat Sunderland 3-0 and one that would lose to Sunderland 5-0 plus plenty in between. 

On to next season. We have to stick with Moore. There's no point in changing every year for changes sake. We've mocked others like QPR who have had a good season but changed manager because they think they should have done better, well we need to do better than that and settle. 

Moore has had some time now, he knows what this league is about now more than ever and he has to, and will do better. 

Tonight is rough. We probably got what the squad deserves which is less than our fans deserve but there's always next season. Onwards and upwards, up the owls! 

Good post.

It is a monumental rebuild this summer given the number of aging players and people who are out of contract.

It’ll be a pre-season of having to bring in 8-10 players again AND decisions have to be made on the likes of Iorfa and Windass, who have missed pretty much a full season.

I’d be offering one year deals to some, but we need to get some youth, pace and power into the club to cope with these high energy and high press sides who seem to be able to break our rhythm.

51 minutes ago, MPB said:

Amen.....!!

Also, add some pace and athleticism.....we're an ageing squad that's getting older!

We did look a little leggy I thought last night and possibly due to the ageing players - Hutch, Dean, Bannan, Johnson, Hunt, Luongo, Gregory - thats the bulk of the starting 11 that are approaching 30 or above.

Fine margins but the difference other than the Hutchinson mistake was firstly their shape and then the players buzzing around in Clarke, Pritchard and Roberts.

18 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It is a monumental rebuild this summer given the number of aging players and people who are out of contract.

It’ll be a pre-season of having to bring in 8-10 players again AND decisions have to be made on the likes of Iorfa and Windass, who have missed pretty much a full season.

I’d be offering one year deals to some, but we need to get some youth, pace and power into the club to cope with these high energy and high press sides who seem to be able to break our rhythm.

It may be that every starting line up has to include Dele Bashiru or Adeniran.

I think it was following the Fleetwood match, after Dele-Bashiru had played so well at MK and was then dropped, DM said that it was tactical as he felt he had players on the pitch who could cover in midfield and wanted attacking options on the bench given we needed the win. Which seems to be what he’s gone for last night.