If he played at QPR knowing there was a chance he might not manage 90 mins - then fair play to him. 
As a loanee, he’s certainly done enough to put himself in the shop window so could have easily have cried off. 
At a time when we’re worried about the application of some of our out-of-contract players… his commitment to the cause is noted. 

4 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Just watching extended highlights. Certainly looked worrying when he went off injured. At the end though he's celebrating middle of the pitch. Cause for optimism perhaps?

Like when Harry Kewell bottled it against Milan in 2005 UCL Final 

5 hours ago, Bob Petrie said:

If he played at QPR knowing there was a chance he might not manage 90 mins - then fair play to him. 
As a loanee, he’s certainly done enough to put himself in the shop window so could have easily have cried off. 
At a time when we’re worried about the application of some of our out-of-contract players… his commitment to the cause is noted. 

I don't think he cried off. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

I don't think he cried off. 

Neither do I. 
I was trying to say he could have done - and no me would have been critical. 
He could have ducked out with an eye on saving himself for his next contract. 
But - he seems to be prepared to put himself on the line for the cause. As a loanee - that gets top marks.