Not only do the U18 players get to train with the first team....

TBH, no. I think it SHOULD be a no brainer, but I'm not so sure it's happened as frequently with Wednesday. Especially as previously we've not had many come through from the younger age groups. That of course could be related to them being not deemed good enough though.

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

Did anyone else think that this is a complete no brainer and assumed that it happened anyway, just didn't get mentioned because it was normal and not newsworthy?

Until Rohl came in there's never been a true synergy between academy and first team.  It's why I banged on about downgrading and creating a B team

There wasn't even true cohesion between u15/16s and the first-year scholarship group which is why we always used to hold open trials at U18s. The 18s, 23s (as then was) and the first team all played different styles depending on who was in the squads which became a major reason why we used to release so many. 

Rohl has everyone from u15 upwards playing the same way and has instigated a coach the coaches programme coupled with the likes of Vaulks doing his coaching hours in there as well. 

It's stuff like this that makes me feel Rohl is here for the duration. If he came in thinking fuck it I'm off if we're relegated then I don't think he'd have spent this much time and effort on the academy 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Until Rohl came in there's never been a true synergy between academy and first team.  It's why I banged on about downgrading and creating a B team

There wasn't even true cohesion between u15/16s and the first-year scholarship group which is why we always used to hold open trials at U18s. The 18s, 23s (as then was) and the first team all played different styles depending on who was in the squads which became a major reason why we used to release so many. 

Rohl has everyone from u15 upwards playing the same way and has instigated a coach the coaches programme coupled with the likes of Vaulks doing his coaching hours in there as well. 

It's stuff like this that makes me feel Rohl is here for the duration. If he came in thinking fuck it I'm off if we're relegated then I don't think he'd have spent this much time and effort on the academy 

I think he's here for a full clear out and rebuild, regardless of league position.

Looks like he's finally lost his rag with the players, I still maintain that we have a mentality and culture issue, not a quality issue at this club and it won't get better without a full overhaul.

On another note, pretty sure Xisco had the u21s and 18s playing the 4141 from preseason that the first team couldn't/wouldn't get working while he was here.

On 03/04/2024 at 12:18, Tylluan said:

I hope this is right.