Oops....

As usual, the professionally offended in society have dived in, feet first, and interpreted third party comments to suit their narrative.

Personally speaking, I grew up in what the media describe as a 'rough Council estate' (Wester Hailes). I loved it there. Taught me so much about life. Thankfully, I was never in a gang - when you're built like the gable end of a crisp, you don't really pose much of a threat to anyone - but I could probably have gotten in with the wrong crowd if things had been different. From there, who knows what path my life would've taken.

Therefore, on the face of the evidence provided, I can concur with the chap's innocent comments. Kick it Out et al not doing themselves any favours here.

I know the race card has been played and Webber used players he was associated with but he could have levelled the same comments at Rooney and Barton. Barton, in particular would probably have gone down a particular route judging by his violent misdemeanours record while in football. 

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I know the race card has been played and Webber used players he was associated with but he could have levelled the same comments at Rooney and Barton. Barton, in particular would probably have gone down a particular route judging by his violent misdemeanours record while in football. 

And his brother is a racist murderer.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Perhaps he could have, and he could have also said that without football the Charlton brothers would have spent a lifetime suffering from Mining related diseases and not been world cup winners, but in order to give any substance to his comments he had to mention players he'd directly been involved with who had made a decent careeer from the opportunities provided to them.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 3

Well these sort of articles in the media seem to crop up quite frequently these days.I was trying to make a general point that people who ought to know better still fall into the same trap.If anyone says anything remotely contentious it will be jumped on by someone and dissected.